I get really bad migraine and can be in bed in a dark room sometimes for up to 10 days. What I do now as it really works for me is put my head in a basin of cold water and with a jug pour the water over the back of my neck and then just towel dry my hair so it's still a little wet and cold. Some friends use a frozen packet of peas but I find it too cold.

Best Answer

Good idea! : )

Best Answer

oooh that might work, or at least help- cuz I usually lay down with ice on the back of my neck which doesn't take it away but takes the edge off. barberic is the medical profession right now

Best Answer

Feverfew, and beta-blockers, and some anti-depressants have been successful in reducing the frequency of migraines.<br />
I think Imitrex has been mentioned, but for me, it elevated my blood pressure and heart rate.<br />
I start with Excedrin Migraine (many stores have a generic equivalent) that contains Aspirin, Acetaminophen, and caffeine, then move to Fioricet / Fiorinol (sp?) contain Aspirin, butalbital, and caffeine / Acetaminophen, ,butalbital , and caffeine. If that doesn't work I go to Vicodin.

Best Answer

yeah, the fiorial is the only thing that DID work- Doctors have been told by the FDA to stop prescribing it for migraines and tell the patients to take something else- i can't take beta blockers or imetrex or any of the triptans- Some stupid study actually said ibuprophen (advil) works just as good as fiorinal with codiene- NO FREAKIN way does it even work close- when I take a fiorinal my migraine is completely gone in a half hour and stays away for 6 hours- when i take even the highest dose of advil (per Dr orders) it barely makes a dent in the horrendous pain and I'm stuck laying in bed all day in a dark room with ice on my head AND on top of it my stomache is torn up from the harsh advil!!!

Best Answer

Hand reflexology-Water-Sleep somehow works for me ;)<br />
Presc<x>ription glasses sometimes helps too..

Best Answer

i havent found anything in 11 years.

Best Answer

They say butterbur helps.

Best Answer

i was gonna take that till i found out its toxic. i have a brand new unopened jar

Best Answer