Frazzill Frazzill 46-50, F 8 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Self Harm

I get really bad migraine and can be in bed in a dark room sometimes for up to 10 days. What I do now as it really works for me is put my head in a basin of cold water and with a jug pour the water over the back of my neck and then just towel dry my hair so it's still a little wet and cold. Some friends use a frozen packet of peas but I find it too cold.

Best Answer

Good idea! : )

Best Answer

oooh that might work, or at least help- cuz I usually lay down with ice on the back of my neck which doesn't take it away but takes the edge off. barberic is the medical profession right now

Best Answer

Feverfew, and beta-blockers, and some anti-depressants have been successful in reducing the frequency of migraines.<br />
I think Imitrex has been mentioned, but for me, it elevated my blood pressure and heart rate.<br />
I start with Excedrin Migraine (many stores have a generic equivalent) that contains Aspirin, Acetaminophen, and caffeine, then move to Fioricet / Fiorinol (sp?) contain Aspirin, butalbital, and caffeine / Acetaminophen, ,butalbital , and caffeine. If that doesn't work I go to Vicodin.

Best Answer

yeah, the fiorial is the only thing that DID work- Doctors have been told by the FDA to stop prescribing it for migraines and tell the patients to take something else- i can't take beta blockers or imetrex or any of the triptans- Some stupid study actually said ibuprophen (advil) works just as good as fiorinal with codiene- NO FREAKIN way does it even work close- when I take a fiorinal my migraine is completely gone in a half hour and stays away for 6 hours- when i take even the highest dose of advil (per Dr orders) it barely makes a dent in the horrendous pain and I'm stuck laying in bed all day in a dark room with ice on my head AND on top of it my stomache is torn up from the harsh advil!!!

Best Answer

Hand reflexology-Water-Sleep somehow works for me ;)<br />
Presc<x>ription glasses sometimes helps too..

Best Answer

Hey you should msg me i have been studying migraines since i was younger in my spare time, and have been getting them since i was 16 so many different things can help them. A natural cure for one that has already started... that is really tricky, but i smoke pot when i get a migraine, or i take opiates for the pain. Natural cause for one that already started that is pretty much non existant. Many ways to prevent them though. Get a rx from your doctor for Imitrex works for most people. not really for me but it used to.

Best Answer

i can't take imetrex, it's not supposed to be prescribed for people overweight. Plus heart disease runs in my family and none of the triptans should be prescribed to people with familial history. My state doesn't have medical Marijuana yet-so I'm sol for getting any- not like i can walk into a store and get it. Yeah opiates are the ONLY thing that has worked but the gov in all it's infinate wisdom has decided to take ALL migraine sufferers OFF all narcotics or opiates used for migraines! WHY u ask- cuz of the few who abuse it- the rest of us who do not have to suffer! I can not take this kind of pain and level of pain for days on end &amp; worrying about it is causing me more stress and making more migraines!!!

Best Answer

Interesting about the gov talking people off narcotics. I used to get Stadol ns, and percocet 5/12 befor my doctor found out about my drug addiction, but its pretty pathetic, because migriaine pain is the worst pain ever.............

Best Answer

yup, sanja gupta even did a whole show on it- it started cuz someones college kid Od'd on painkillers they were taking for an injury- they didn't know (so the story reported :/) that mixing it with alcholhol could be fatal and he died- the kids parents knew the clintons and asked bill if there was anything he could do so other people wouldn't die unnessesarily (sounds good) and presto a new law enacted this year that actually gives guidelines to how many pills drs can PRESCRIBE!!!- no matter what the type pain or duration etc. Now tons of people are suffering! I feel horrible that the kid died but if he was in college- surely he could read the insert that comes when you get your prescriptions that TELLS you not to mix with alcholol or other drugs!!!-why friggin make all us suffer- I couldn't even cook Thanksgiving dinner cuz yesterday and today I'm having a horrible migraine. My daughter that i only get to see 2x a year- that whole visit was ruined because I'm in so much pain. I used to just take my pill and i could function now i have to suffer in horrible pain and miss out on precious family moments/traditions cuz of this.

Best Answer

Wow that is rediculous. I'm sorry to hear you had to suffer for the holiday, and miss out on family time. I know exactly what you mean drs dont take migraine pain seriously enough. I get my pain killers from other sources, only way to keep my migrines in check (when they are really bad). You could also always go to the hospital, they will give you an Iv of demerol or something and kill the pain. I hate migraines and i hate how some dump people ruin things for everyone. I dont blame the people, i blame the retards who think just cause there son did it or just cause some teens are doing it, it is a red flag for everyone. Good luck hope you feel better soon!

Best Answer

Thank you, I just might need to go to the hospital which is stupid since the pils i used to take took the pain away- now I gotta go to a hospital? How is that saving money and reducing costs? that they always talk about doing.

Best Answer

i havent found anything in 11 years.

Best Answer

They say butterbur helps.

Best Answer

i was gonna take that till i found out its toxic. i have a brand new unopened jar

Best Answer