Firefighters say the man, in his 40s, had been trying to set fire to the spider as it crawled up the front of the semi-detached property. But sparks reached material behind the cladding and caused a fire within the walls, shortly before midnight. Three fire engines raced to the scene in Portsmouth, Hants, and found the man trying to put out the flames with a garden hose. Firefighters in breathing apparatus removed the cladding and spent two hours putting the fire out. Watch manager Steve Pearce said: "The man was trying to put the fire out with a garden hose when we arrived.
danieldaramola danieldaramola 18-21, M 23 Answers Jul 17, 2012

Yes...He is the Modern Man..For his little comforts he is destroying the entire Universe.

Best Answer

lol...

Best Answer

Bunch of woosies. Make it sound like they chase you around the house.

Best Answer

lol...

Best Answer

Lol..!! Hahaha..! First time I've ever heard of that...!

Best Answer

well, me too..lol

Best Answer

If it was a snake in my house, The house would either burn or it would be for sale that day...spiders I can tolerate.

Best Answer

lol..wow

Best Answer

There's no poisonous spiders here but the cob webs mess the house up a bit.<br />
Someone said if you put a horse chestnut in the corner of each room it keeps them away. Don't know how true this is mind

Best Answer

give it a try....

Best Answer

When living in desert southwest I thought snakes were gonna showup! But black widow spider showed up in backyard near pool!! I used everything i could get my hands on to kill with,she eventually climbed over wall and ran..Eeeeew!!

Best Answer

lol..you are scared ....
thanks for sharing this..

Best Answer

I wouldn't say 'hate' because I don't dislike them enough to kill them. I feel bad because they're living creatures as well. I mean you wouldn't like it if some giant come and squished you. But in general I couldn't have one of my hand for no longer than 3 seconds. I'd cry.

Best Answer

lol,..i guess you are right they are living creatures, yesterday i set a small mice free..lol..i couldn't kill it

Best Answer

My brother killed a rat before, I thank him for making me go away before killing it

Best Answer

he has a strong heart...

Best Answer

I don't mind them I will pick them up and pop the out the window. My son however would probably set fire to the house one day.

Best Answer

i hope he wont....lol

Best Answer

I just told him not to!

Best Answer

great..

Best Answer

Depends on the size of the spider I can't handle the big ones, they are like heads with no bodies to me :S super creepy

Best Answer

super creepy..lol

Best Answer

i dont hate them but i do kill them when they are crawling around.Don't need them in Washington because we don't have many flies here.

Best Answer

create more flies...lol

Best Answer

Haha, a lighter flamethrower's the way to go.

Best Answer

flamethrower's...

Best Answer

I can completely understand how that would happen..

Best Answer

me too.....

Best Answer

I'm too f***ing scared to touch them

Best Answer

look out, ..one is on your leg SCREEEEAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM.............
LOL

Best Answer

lol..Sad story and the spider got away...

Best Answer

i guess it did,....

Best Answer