Why do people always want out of their marriage when they are unhappy? I understand why but I mean what if you have children? When you were growing up, did you just run away from your annoying siblings? You lived with them and dealt with them. That's a family. You deal with the sh!t and work it out. Unlike siblings, you chose your spouse. You can't choose your parents or your siblings so you have to deal with them. Everyone wants their cake and to eat it too. My philosophy (if I have children) is I made my bed, so I'd have to lie in it. At least until they are 18. Obviously, if one partner is abusive or something, then this doesn't apply because it's for you or your children's protection. But I just mean the whole "irreconcible differences" divorces
GottaGoo GottaGoo 22-25, M 5 Answers Aug 31 in Parenting & Family

You are right. Many people think to get rid of their problems they need to get divorced, instead of working it out. So true.

Best Answer

And then they make the problems worst by always nagging and yelling. As if yelling makes you more tolerable.

Best Answer

Having a healthy and thriving marriage takes work and skill. Getting counseling can help individuals who truly want to change and grow. It's just better to seek counseling, before the marriage falls completely apart. Yelling and nagging will never help. That's just plain dysfunctional.

Best Answer

How long have you been married for? If you are ... Just curious

Best Answer

My husband and I have been together 10 years. I made lots of mistakes my first marriage and so did my ex-husband. It is very sad that we chose divorce because we had a child together. But I am very happy now and love my husband very much and, he, I.

Best Answer

Most people in todays society, are looking for instant gratification and constant euphoric happiness. That is not what marriage is about.

Best Answer

What if they don't have children??? Still not grown up?

Best Answer

What do you mean?

Best Answer

:) some people have no children and want out of their marriage too. Some children more grown up (mentally) than any married person sometimes are childish in the brain... O.0 I talk gibberish nm *sigh :(

Best Answer

i'm still here aren't i?

Best Answer

??

Best Answer

i'm still married....26 years....

Best Answer

OK. So what's the point? You are happy or not? Children or not?

Best Answer

This another one of those question where you're just looking for our "opinion"?

Best Answer

I'm looking for what you think on the matter. So yes. I told my view. So you tell me yours.

Best Answer

No, I'll pass. You have no idea what you'll do until it happens.

Best Answer

Obviously. Why do you think I am asking? I ask questions because I am curious about the human mind, how people think. You've responded on many of my posts in the past. (I'm usually the PeopleAre__ user). You always are so mean to me, but you don't realize I just want to learn about other people's perspective and try to understand it.
Tell em your story, I want to hear it and what you did and how you dealt with it and why. I;m not trying to be condescending or anything. I'm just curious, man

Best Answer