Subject closed...
ItsmeDee ItsmeDee 41-45, F 17 Answers Aug 27, 2012 in Hobbies

UGH! One of my best friends has bought into this... It's so frustrating! I tried to tell her if something of that magnitude happens nobody is going to survive anyway so why bother worrying? She says It's God coming. To which I ask then what the hell are you hiding from?! It's sad, she's seriously gone off the deep end. She has a bomb shelter, a pond stocked with fish, is broke from spending all her money on canned foods, yanked her son from school and insists on home schooling him (because education is corrupt) and has cut off her cell phone in fear of being tracked bc she doesn't want to be in a concentration camp. *SIGH* Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Best Answer

Holy Doodles shes lost her noodle...

Best Answer

LMAO She sure did!!!

Best Answer

My ex started freaking out, last month. I just told Her, it was going to be nothing. If anything, it would be as bad as the Y2K thing. Maybe a couple messed up computers, but no major catastrophe. None, like everyone thought there was going to be. Upon hearing that, She seemed to had relax some.

Best Answer

Don't shatter my dreams. The world will end in December and that's the end of this discussion.

Best Answer

Does it have to? Why can't it just end up, like NBC's Revolution? "A mideval cesspool", with no electric technology.

Best Answer

BAZINGA!!!!! :)

Best Answer

LMAO! I <3 Big Bang Theory!

Best Answer

It did..........but we were on EP and didn't notice

Best Answer

I think they just ran out of ink to be honest.

Best Answer

Ooops ! ;)

Best Answer

Crap!! I just closed escrow on my condo in Hell.

Best Answer

But, isnt it the astronomical conjunction, mistimed by the Mayans that is supposed to be the problem, now correctly dated at Dec 21, ?

Best Answer

uhhhhhhh...I dunno..

Best Answer

Let us consult the wisdom of smoke, I have my vape

Best Answer

Ohhh I really want one of those vaporizer things ......

Best Answer

If You want to get technical, the calender is messed up. Because, We should technically be celibrating Christmas in April, not December.
You drop someone off on a street corner, & the city changes street names. Reguardless of what the street is now called, Your still at that one corner.

Best Answer

Great illustration

Best Answer

Spoil sport! lol What are all of the whackos with plans going to do now?

Best Answer

Who's to say it didn't end while we were asleep?

Best Answer

Glad I am not the only one that does not believe in all these 'end of the world' scenarios!

Best Answer

LOL!!! I love it!

Best Answer

Not so fast. It should of ended, if You go by using our calender. The modern (The Gregorian) calender, while is more accurate than it's predicesors (The Julian Calendar). It's not as accurate as the Mayan calender. Which unlike Our modern one, was actually made up of 3 different calenders. That were used , simultaneously. <br />
1) The Long Count - The Long Count is an astronomical calendar which was used to track longer periods of time, what the Maya called the “universal cycle”. Each such cycle is calculated to be 2,880,000 days (about 7885 solar years). The Mayans believed that the universe is destroyed and then recreated at the start of each universal cycle. (According to Myth, or legend. We're currently in the 5th cycle, to exsist since creation. With the 6th cycle, due to violently start in December of 2012).<br />
2) The Tzolkin -The divine calendar is also known as the Sacred Round or the Tzolkin which means “the distribution of the days”. It is a 260-day calendar, with 20 periods of 13 days used to determine the time of religious and ceremonial events. Each day is numbered from one to thirteen, and then repeated. The day is also given a name (glyph) from a sequence of 20 day names. The calendar repeats itself after each cycle.<br />
3) The Haab - The Haab is a 365 day solar calendar which is divided into 18 months of 20 days each and one month which is only 5 days long (Uayeb). The calendar has an outer ring of Mayan glyphs (pictures) which represent each of the 19 months. Each day is represented by a number in the month followed by the name of the month. Each glyph represents a personality associated with the month.<br />
Confused? Good, so a I. <br />
My answer, to Your question. Is either, something more simplistic came along. Or the Priest who came up with the Mayan calender, finally got a clue. They figure Their civalization wouldn't even exsist in 5,000 yrs., so why keep the calender going? It's not as if, no One would be around to read it anyway.<br />
Seriously, I love the U.S. But honestly, I don't even see Our country lasting that long. Look at Rome, it's not even Rome anymore. The great Roman Empire, has been reduced to Italy.

Best Answer