As an Assistant Accountant, I find more and more everyday that I fail to delegate work to my juniors. I feel sympathy for them that they are overburdened with the lot they have, this impacts on my load and creates a stressful environment as far as the bosses go. I feel the way I am will deprive me of promotion to Supervisory roles or worse to management positions as I continue to gain experience. I was asked by my Manager a week ago to put up or lose my job as she feels I'm not cut out for the job. This after an incident where I failed to convey or present a task to one of the junior eloquently and precisely. How do I deal with this situation? Please help. I'm 32 years old and I have been working for 7 years in the company.
Zwelithini Zwelithini 31-35 4 Answers Aug 17 in Embarrassing & Funny

Grow a back bone or start looking for another job

Best Answer

You need to toughen up, become much more assertive too. You're logical for sure, being an accountant. Go for it.

Best Answer

You need to present a proposal to hire more staff. Lay out the current workload for you and them and point out you are worried staff will burn out.

Best Answer