this is speaking about relationship..not wrong doings.
simpletonsass simpletonsass 36-40, F 37 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Some do and have ........but not all men are this way...they feel as deeply as women and can be devastated when a relationship ends....and some women can easily detach themselves.....and move on.....But all should get rid of emotional baggage before entering into a new relationship....my opinion...:)

Best Answer

absolutely right.

Best Answer

Very false IMHO. However it depends greatly on the situation, but typically men are good at disguising their feelings because they're "manly". Which is absolute bs tbh, but societal norms depict men with to much outward emotion as weak, or at the risk of sounding sexist, feminine. Not implying women are weak, just that they tend to be more in touch with their feelings and emotions.

Best Answer

like your answer. We women r more exspressive with our feelings :-) men kinda put on a mask?

Best Answer

Well everyone wears a mask of some kind at some point in time. To be more general though, men, at least myself and others I know, tend to keep our emotions very guarded.

Best Answer

False, men when they love they love deeply. They just don't come to it like we do and they don't show it the way we do. They hurt, they long, they suffer too.

Best Answer

I know I did.

Best Answer

You have very good insight. Took me 12 years to get over my first love...

Best Answer

I'm sorry for you both. I do hope you have found love and joy. Be happy and well! :D

Best Answer

False. I remember all of my mistakes.

Best Answer

I think the most hardest task to so is try to think like the opposite sex. In fact, I think it's impossible. When I was growing out, I had a real close male friend, who was like a brother to me. I would help him out with his girlfriends and he with my boyfriends. Fortunately, I realize that boys were different from us in more ways than anatomy. Their mindsets were different. Their thought processes were different. Their value system was different. Their peer pressure was different. Their conditioning was different.

A whole host of authors have written and made videos under the title "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus." I think that title sums up the age old question better than any.

Best Answer

In most cases it's false. We just don't show it. It's really not cool for a guy to advertise his feelings. It doesn't mean we don't have them.

Best Answer

*sigh*

People are people.

Those of you who are stating *men* are like this... you should know that alienating any group of individuals and discussing their traits as being somehow inferior, or subhuman... this is hate language. This is no less repugnant behavior that any other kind of bigotry. The one comment I saw about men being incapable of emotional complexity... wow, that was an incredibly ignorant statement. In my opinion the commenter needs to rethink her strategy for finding a mate. Or perhaps consider ending a bad relationship and finding one that is more symbiotic. The other comment taking science as a backing... that behavior pattern is typical of orangutans, not human beings. The human creature is far too complex to define using such a narrow set of parameters. There are other arguments, also citing scientific studies that are equally uncomplimentary toward female humans as well. Those are also equally inaccurate. I will not bring those up... flaming each other with that type of garbage is counterproductive and simply hurtful and without purpose.

Men have the same set of feelings as women. Men feel romance as women do, men feel emotional pain as women do. Men feel despair over the loss of love just as women do. Men can detach and walk away from relationships... just as easily as women do. Men express it differently than women do. There are different social norms and pressures applied to the two genders. That causes a major distortion of what really is going on inside all human beings.

Best Answer

I asked out of curiousity. Im not putting a label on anyone. I believe there is a lil truth in all answers.

Best Answer

Don't worry it was the discussion that set me off more than the question... I see these questions all the time. Generally I steer clear. I've got a double-broken heart right now and it's hard to see words that invalidate even the existence of how I feel.

Best Answer

why double?

Best Answer

oh... well, my wife is neglecting me out the door... I've become so depressed and anxious and desperate I can't take it anymore and am now waiting out a deadline I've set for things to change, which they didn't.... and meanwhile as I was looking for support I found a new best friend, who I fell in love for - the real deal too. It's not hormones or infatuation. And she doesn't love me in return. Which is really as it should be. I guess... I pine over her and wait for every message we send each other.. we're best friends now and sometimes my feelings for her cause trouble. So right now I'm stuck between a woman who doesn't want me anymore and another who never may.

Best Answer

True. I don't think men are capable of the complex emotions women are. I think everything with them is based on pride. So when they're hurt it's not their feelings that have been hurt it's their pride. It also explains how they can do such callous things to women without any remorse.

I personally don't think they get attached in the first place. If they like a girl it's more like staking their claim to her for other guys to see rather than him actually being infatuated with her.

I think perhaps when it comes to children these things change. I don't think a man is truely capable of the type of love a woman expects from him until he's had a child ( and is actually a good and loving father to the child). I think this also can happen with their mothers depending on the guy.

Best Answer

scary...i would hope this is false

Best Answer

You really don't understand men as well as you think you do.

Best Answer

to whom are u implying to?

Best Answer

I think it may depend on how old they and how many relationships etc...I would think after so many failed attemps at love you would male or female detach.

Best Answer

Rather true, I have detached to the point of total avoidance of even the most remote possibility of becoming "attached" again.

Best Answer

Men are capable of emotional attachment, although their way of showing it might differ. Males and females are both able to detach themselves from a relation, but that says more about the quality of the relation. Sometimes its not equal in a relation, and the one who loves less, detaches faster. Male or female.

Best Answer

For me, absolutely impossible. My heart is so tender I my pain and hurt is so severe there's no way I can move on. I'm saying I can't do that anymore. I have been hurt far too bad.

Best Answer

u love then with all your heart.

Best Answer

are u speaking of a mistake or being in a relationship?

Best Answer

Yes. Every bit I give it my all and have had it thrown away like dirty trash.

Best Answer

total baloney

[EDIT] actually ill add an exception. true when they never developed one in the first place.

Best Answer

I`ll share....when I was younger, I was guilty of this. Although I sometimes hurt but I moved on after a relationship ended. I think for some it depends on where one comes from. But also maturity...

Best Answer

I can only speak for myself. For me, that statement is false.

Best Answer

hell no,i truly detest myself for every bad thing ive ever done and any1 ive ever hurt

Best Answer

False

Best Answer

False I cannot do that and after the last person I was with dumped me it took me many months before I was over her

Best Answer

sorry bout you getting the boot :( love hurts somtimes.

Best Answer

Sofar all of the time in my case

Best Answer

Sailors do it all the time.

Best Answer

That's an old feminist misandrist saw. Men have a horrific suicide rate after divorces.

Best Answer

still trying to find an answer to this question..

Best Answer

love ur profile pic.

Best Answer