Has testosterone outlived its usefulness? Has it taken us down some dark cul-de-sac of evolutionary dysfunction?
AquarianMime AquarianMime 56-60, M 29 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Community

Under your reasoning; All women have a vagina, all prostitutes have a vagina, therefore all women must be prostitutes!

Best Answer

OK, I'll admit that I'm putting out an absurd proposal--lock up all men is insane. But, we have to take a look at something here. Men are the ones who are fascinated with weapons (rarely a woman), and it's *always* men who go off the beam and attack innocent people--almost *never* a woman. Something is going wrong here.

Best Answer

I guess you haven't seen "A woman scorned" The Betty Broderic story. Also the fasted group of people buying firearms are women between the ages of 25 and 40. I teach a firearms safety course and there is always more women than men there.

Best Answer

It's also in the culture. My father purchased my first firearm when I was 8 and taught me how to shoot. He didn't do the same for my sister.

Best Answer

Women buying guns want to protect themselves...guess from whom ? Other women ? Not so much.

Best Answer

Good point, Broussard.

Best Answer

Women have the right to purchase firearms as well as men. If you have a 250lb man attacking a 100lb woman with a firearm and she knows how to use it. Who do you think is going to win?

Best Answer

As I said, it's the culture but I also recall women not having the right to vote at one time also. It's the zeitgeist of the age.

Best Answer

I do not believe for a second that it's just "culture" behind the senseless violence by MALES against innocent people. I also doubt that it's just "culture" behind the ages-long fascination among males in weaponry and explosives. When I was growing up, some close family friends were from Wyoming--and the father and the son were fascinated with guns and ammunition. The daughters were all taught how to fire weapons but they chose to devote themselves to dogs and horses and children--not guns. To this day, the son loves weapons.

Best Answer

Testosterone obviously! Ingrained in ALL Alpha males for a million years!

Best Answer

Take away women, take away the reason why men need guns.

Best Answer

Might be a tad extreme. The weapons used in the most recent case belonged to the shooter's mother.

Best Answer

Doh!

Best Answer

I confess. I wanted to push the limits of this idea just to see what was there. I think *something* is. I don't believe it's just cultural that men do these crazy violent things.

Best Answer

you don't know that many women ......do you?

Best Answer

I haven't seen any women attacking schools with assault weapons. I'm not saying women are perfect. I'm just noticing that guns aren't the root cause of violence--especially crazy violence.

Best Answer

yes but I don't want to go to jail give me estrogen instead

Best Answer

Stop using men the way Micheal Vic uses dogs and they will stop acting like Micheal Vic's dogs.

Best Answer

Haha good theory! : ) its always men's fault

Best Answer

Can't do that, this is America.

Best Answer

Look at my avatar<br />
do you really think that all male beings like violent stuff?<br />
Violent games doesn't make a person a Psycho-Killer. Thats just a Stereotype.

Best Answer

Why is it almost always a MALE behind the massive, senseless attacks on innocent people?

Best Answer

Can YOU tell me why?

Best Answer

Do you even know that there's a huge difference in a Mans brain of that of a Woman's. We men tend to act aggressive, both in bed and in the street. its part of life. Women also make Guns, don't put the blame on us all. Cause if men ceased to exist or never existed, woman would never existed either. Blame the Humanity, not Male beings.

Best Answer

You got it. You have discovered the Solution AquarianMime, you neeed to get onto the presedent right away with your solution we need to start the massive prison building programe ASAP..

Best Answer

Not all of them.... There are still some good ones left.

Best Answer

Bullshizzle my nizzle it will. Women murder as well and women buy guns.<br />
Besides which a male body will develop serious medical conditions without constant testosterone so its still essential evolutionarily.

Best Answer

Women almost *never* get involved in violence for its own sake--especially violence involving guns unless they are forced to in war. Name a single incident where a female has gone into a shopping mall or a school or a post office and has started shooting a semiautomatic weapon at innocent people. It does NOT happen except in the rarest instances.

Best Answer

Yes, chicks never use guns, chicks never ever kill, chicks...they never enjoy playing violent games either.

Best Answer

I would never say never. Females have their own versions of insanity but they don't do crazy stuff like shoot high school students or kindergartners.

Best Answer

Yes, they just do other crazy stuff.

Best Answer

Bollox! We all have to live together, men and women. Lets start taking responsibility then things will get better! You could do worse than lock the executive of the NRA up for their failure to look at the global context of the problem.

Best Answer

The beginning of taking responsibility is for men to begin recognizing their risk-taking crazy edge spills over into violence far too often. It is still a rare male that goes crazy and starts shooting people (thank God), and so we are not all guilty. Still, it is time for men to consider what we have in common with the crazies. I'll admit I was fascinated with weapons when I was a boy. I blew things up. In my marriage, I took risks I shouldn't have financially. I see there is some connection--even though it's a slight stretch.

Best Answer

No there is a big difference between violent games, films and the act of killing. It presupposes that men cannot control themselves. Is that what you are actually saying?

Best Answer

I'm saying consider how many crazy violent acts have been committed by males in the last 30 years. Now consider how many females have committed massive violent attacks on crowds. What *are* the implications? What is the root cause? Why is it almost always MEN?

Best Answer

Well I agree the resultant act is almost always men but consider this. Some men that commit these acts are haunted by their relationships with their mothers and hatred of them. It could be argued that if video games are responsible then so are these women! Which brings me back to the point I was making in order to create saftety we need to create harmony.

Best Answer

Outlaw religion and mental illness will go away

Best Answer

Some do,and they are leading us.Dispatch them and their guns,or pay the price,as you mention.

Best Answer

If men are so evil why is it that we hear in the news of the mother that drowned her children in the bath tub. Or the mother that left her children in the car she just sent in to the lake.

Best Answer

You know, women can also do all of that stuff as well. The real problem is how children aren't given enough information by their own parents about how to treat and understand violence and general society for promoting it. Of course the answer isn't as simple as that but it's a good start.

Best Answer

Men made penecillin, men made Polio vacine, men made you! Lock up all men and you wouldn't exist so I make you right

Best Answer

It needs to be controlled. Women are the best masters and men should obey them. Men are the source of most of the world's problems. We need testosterone like we need fangs. Far less would be better.

Best Answer

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Best Answer

I read before in scientific books, that if women would run the government and politics, there would be no war. Women like to negotiate and collaborate while men would rather chose the cruel ways to end things they don't like. I guess there's some truth in it. But doesn't mean that 'all' men would be cruel and chose violence !!!!

Best Answer