We've been together for 5 months, and have been serious about eachother. We use to text 10x a day; maybe he needs a break? 100% sure he's not cheating, and last time I asked if he needed space he said no, he just has alot of construction to do on his new place. Should I just take a chill pill and wait for him to contact me? Or should I bite the bullet and ask him if he's alive?
Ellie27 Ellie27 26-30, F 18 Answers Dec 16, 2010

A very close friend wen from Panama to Bahamas to work, he'd been there for 3 weeks; working 12 hrs at day. We are just friends and everyday he does something to let me know he is alive.

So, baby, two things may had happened; he broke his two hands and is unable to let you know he thinks of you or (I won't mention the other)

If I would be in your shoes, I would have called already.

Best Answer

Send a friendly text, "thinking of you" and let it go. Leaves the ball in his court without massive pressure

Best Answer

i understand. while i hadn't been with my, 'him" for five years, (a month and a half) we did the thousands of texts, literally, and the constant phone calls. he asked me to move in one day, and then all of a sudden all three phone numbers i have are disconnected. a full week of no contact. no way to get a hold of him. i take it as a break up, but for me it's because it has happened before.

Best Answer

Don't call or text him!! He told you he was busy, so you make yourself busy. And when he does call you, don't answer the phone and let it go straight to voice mail, then don't call him back for a while. He will start wondering about you, and you will be the one in control. That will get the wheels turning again. In the mean time, just do things for yourself and focus on something other than him. I have found that men are more attracted to a woman who have other things going on besides them.

Best Answer

Don't sweat it. If you miss him, give him a call. Maybe he's thinking he's being a pest if he's the one who always calls you. But people do get busy. He's your boyfriend, not your husband. Don't play games. Call him if you want to know what's going on. If it turns out he's just not that into you the way you want, then move on, without any drama. That's what dating is for . . . to figure out who is a good match for you and who isn't.

Best Answer

i say no one is that busy.. i would go out with some frinds.. not call him at all... if you meet someone else i would then ask him if he cares if not you have another guy that wants to take you out... i think he has already moved on.. he just does not want to hurt you... good luck sweetie

Best Answer

He's probably knackered!

Offer to come over and make him dinner, or bring a meal over. If it was me. i'd be delighted to have one less chore to do.

Best Answer

I use to always cook and clean for him, unfortunately I cant drive anywhere until my broken neck heals, and he's and hour away.

Best Answer

Time for you to move on.

Best Answer

I come from a different place altogether. I do not think a girl ehnances her appeal by makign herself too available. You don't say how your neck came to be broken, but you did mention that both of you have come close to death in the recent past. If he was at fault and your recuperation is slower, he may need some isolation time to process all that has happened. Overall, I think you serve yourself better by giving him a wide berth right now. You want him to want to talk to you and to be with you.

One thing that is often very hard for women to remember is that men are not women. I know that sounds nuts, but so often women act as though men are more like you than we are. Men are not generally as communicative as are women. We learn early on to maks emotions. We get discouraged and avoid sources of disappointment.

I know this is going to sound "out there" but you would do so much more for yourself if you were to work on areas of your own personal growth and development. Take an online growth course. Take a self-hypnosis course to learn to mangage your pain. Begin to take the time you have been given to focuson where you want your life to go once you are more fully recovered.

Let's think about the worst that could happen from your point of view, for a minute. Let's suppose he is finished with you. What are the most important things you have always wanted to do in your life that did not involve him?

The more you work on yourself and let him join you in growing the healthier your relationships can become.

Best Answer

GO!!!....Don't WALK......R U N !!

Best Answer

I'd say invite him over if you feel like hanging out. I'm sure after a long day of construction he'll be hungry, and maybe craving something else too ;)

Make backup plans in case he says no.

Best Answer

It's time to move on honey, it only takes a few seconds to fire off a text and I don't care how busy you are a 5 minute phone call a day isn't a big deal if you really care. You've only been together for 5 months! That's nothing and this is the easiest time of year to find a replacement , which you can tell him all about the next time you run into him!

Best Answer

Nothing? We've spent almost everyday together for the past 5 months, been through near death experiences, and im his first everything. Maybe he doesn't know the obvious, that girls need communication

Best Answer

Don't call. There are several obvious reasons why you shouldn't. Do you think he's forgotten about you and you need to remind him you are still around? You may convince him that you are a desperate loser.

Best Answer

unfortunately I have nothing better to do because I am at home with a broken neck. He did nothing but take care of me for 2 months, I guess its time for him to take care of himself

Best Answer

you could just give him a call and see how he's doing.

Best Answer