How do you feel about people who place all of their attention, love and affection towards an animal vs the humans in their lives [spouse, children, family]
InVivo InVivo 46-50, M 9 Answers May 7 in Dating & Relationships

I feel they have intimacy issues. Definitely troublesome.

Best Answer

I dont see a problem in loving your dog, or cat or money.<br />
But they must not be put before people.

Best Answer

People first..............

Best Answer

I think most people can probably remember some old lady in the neighborhood who was alone and only had a dog or cat. What people really don't know is that persons history, how did she end up alone. Well I have a sister who is now that old lady, alone with two cats and a dog. What people don't know is that she once had a very loving and wonderful husband and has a son. She spent years, decades neglecting her husband and placing all of her love and affection on her dog. Her husband would do everything for her and for the family, yet received nothing in return but to watch his wife/my sister spend every waking moment concerned about her dog and cats. Needless to say, once the kid finished high school and went off to college he left. Even her son rarely calls of visits. Now in her 60's and after nearly 25 years of marriage she has been alone for nearly 10 years. She literally traded a good man for a dog.

Best Answer

My dog deserves it most people don't.

Best Answer

Sometimes its just a lot safer.

Best Answer

I love dogs too .. but some people treat them like humans and it really doesn't help the dog or them.

Best Answer

depends on the dog, some dogs do seam to deserve all the respect and caring

Best Answer

Some dogs deserve all the respect and caring really?

Best Answer

My is not misplaced... my doggies train me very well thank you.

Best Answer