EvGenius EvGenius 22-25 20 Answers Aug 19, 2012 in Health

You are correct. Money is known in motivational jargon as a "hygeine" factor. <br />
That means if you dont have enough for your basic needs no way can you be happy. But as long as you have enough doubling it isnt going to double your happiness.

Best Answer

Money isn't a prerequisite to happiness. There are happy people who don't use money. Ask the Bushmen in the Kalahari. I hear they are happy little people.<br />
:)

Best Answer

happiness is living within your means, ie free of debt

Best Answer

Money is something of a requirement for happiness according to the Hierarchy of Needs, because money is required for food, security, and shelter. If you are constantly stressed out about being able to meet your basic needs (barely making rent, or having to cut the food budget or whatever), it's a little hard to be happy. <br />
However, once you are at a point where you are living fairly comfortably (let's say internet connection, basic cable, good food and water, decently nice house, and able to afford to travel a few times a year with enough money to take care of emergency situations without really stretching it), more money does not really make one happier. Once you get to a certain point, the sheer amount of one's possessions and trying to maintain them all may cause one a bit of stress (trying to clean a 6,000 sq. foot house vs. living comfortably in a 1,500 sq foot house). And also, the temptation to spend all that money can be overwhelming (which leaves you with less money, and may make one so poor that they have trouble meeting basic needs). Observe the many riches to rags stories that are around.<br />
So money doesn't bring happiness. But the ability to pay for basic necessities and a few creature comforts allows one to be relatively stress free, and really helps one to be able to relax and be happy, but money beyond that doesn't really add to happiness.

Best Answer

Money is only a temporary happy trigger, it doesn't last. Happiness comes from the heart and the joy of the things you do in life. Money doesn't last because when you run out, what are you left with?

Best Answer

I got here late but when has money ever been a prerequisite to happiness? You seem a bit confused. I've known some very wealthy people who were incredibly miserable and unhappy.

Best Answer

YES,,, ur initial statement,,, if accepted as being valid,, negates the 2nd 1/2 of your proposition. It's called a 'fallacy of reasoning',, and omg these days the under 30 set,, keeps ******* up w/more and more,, of them. Somebody's really got to teach our nitwit youth,, a whole lotta ****....No doubt,, arrogance and cluelessness just do NOT fit. There's nothing wrong w/being a moron or an imbecile,, most all of us start there. BUT,, to be so arrogant,, as to completely dismiss,, w/o even ANY tiny tiny bit of investigation,,,, is what's known as STUPIDITY,, (think, to d max).<br />
Ok kids,, pop quiz --- what's the 1st sign of intelligence ?? That would be,,, knowing how VERY LITTLE,, you do know,,, about any/every THING.

Best Answer

"ur initial statement,,, if accepted as being valid,, negates the 2nd 1/2 of your proposition" - that is wrong.
I don't believe you're over 56. you sound like a dumb teenager who wants to be taken seriously. Pathetic.

Best Answer

yea right,, I'm wrong,, and omg U R RIGHT,,,, do u even know what a 'fallacy of reasoning' is,,, ?? hows about an 'incomplrte sylligisum' ( maybe spelled wrong). WTF do you millions of morons,, get this absolute **** from ?? Can't be comic books or even graphic novels,,, lol...
Hey,, btw,, fu_k off and die alrweady,, ur contribution to our world is duely,, NOT noted... I'm a prof of Rhetoric,, Debate, and Public Speaking,, at a kinda,, MAJOR univ. YAH,,, let's hear UR credientials,, pleaseeeeeeee ... Ur talking ****,, ur past knee deep,, standing in it,, and omg,, when are you gonna start smelling it ???

Best Answer

Thank you for proving my point.

Best Answer

lol,,,, I knew you didn't have a clue,,, but I'm positive you'll continue to believe you do. And gee,,, no credientials offered by you still,,, nothing like having anything at all, to back up what you say,, ole'. Nice and secure, maz arrogant, hugely conceited,, and a total ***** too,,, best credentials ever,,,, hahaha.

Best Answer

You aren't wrong. It does, but it doesn't.

Best Answer

You're wrong. Way off makr.

Best Answer

You are correct, money doesn't buy happiness but it does make being miserable alot easier to torerate.

Best Answer

It always amazes me when people state 'I'd give all my money away tomorrow for happiness as it means nothing to me.' I would love to see all these people put in the situation where money is really tight and then see what their views would be. Money may not buy happiness but it sure can make you comfortable in your misery.

Best Answer

Nope, you ain't wrong.

Best Answer