Most who oppose legalizing gay marriage use the excuse that marriage is a sacred vow. They argue that marriage is a holy act between a man and a woman. But actor Billy Bob Thorton has been divorced FIVE times. Retired talk show host Larry King and actress Zsa Zsa Gabor have both been divorced seven times. Do you support gay marriage? If you do not support gay marriage what is your reason for being against it? Are you often criticized for your opposition? If you do support it is it because it is a civil right we should all be afforded? Is it because of the legal protection afforded a married couple ie insurance, home ownership in case of death of partner etc or for some other reason?
mucheche mucheche 26-30, F 17 Answers Oct 6, 2011

Everyone has a different view. But if you are Christian, you believe that marriage is a union of two people (who become one) by God. "The union of man and woman". The Bible doesn't say man and man or woman and woman. So If our society wants/needs a different type of marriage which fits their interpretation, it should not be confused with the Christian view.

Best Answer

And maybe God..... it means a great deal to God.

Best Answer

The opposition to gay marriage has always been about money; benefits for spouses, pensions, etc. And the support of gay marriage is, at the elitist NWO top, about dismantling our current understanding of what family and marriage is about. It is part of the preparation for a NWO.

But down here at the bottom, where I live, I think that it should be the right of any adult to marry. It would expand marriage but not really change it. In fact, when I think of what most heterosexuals go through over their marriages, it is hard to understand why gay people would want to take on such a potentially tough situation. But I think everyone in our society should have the same rights.

No one gives me a bad time over my opinion because I live one house away from West Hollywood and the culture of this area is mainly gay. I like my neighbors and wish them the best. But I do think they are pawns of the New World Order...as are we all, I fear.

Best Answer

Marriage is sacred. That's why we do things to protect it's sanctity such as showing our children tv shows like "Who wants to marry a millionare" and "The Bachelor"

Those shows give honor and dignity to the institution of marriage.

Best Answer

Marriage is not sacred its just two people living together in legalised lust. Just ask my "good" Catholic parents.

Best Answer

very true and we all know married people never cheat on the other right

it is the curchs trying to conrol all and force all to there ways

Best Answer

This should crack a smile: EP Link

I think if you're gay, and you want to get married, it's none of my business. A marriage is a contract between two consensual adults, and no one but them has the right to forbid it.

Best Answer

Support. Reason Individuality! No one critisizes me for supporting! I am sure they would if I was gay :D

Best Answer

Most who oppose do it on religious grounds, falsely thinking that the Bible says it's a sin. But the Bible specifically recognizes same sex marriages. King Solomon recognized David as his son-in-law two times, because of his "marriage" to two of his sons. There's lots of that in the Bible. But Christians cling to one short verse that speaks against one particular act of many that could be encountered in love. It was a health thing - just like not eating pork or shellfish was a health concern thousands of years ago.

I wonder what we can do to show American christians how cruel they are. They clearly don't believe it

Best Answer

Your argument is based on what others are doing in-order to justify yourself.... That's your first mistake... It is completely stupid to stand around and base your decision on what others are doing... Thats like everyone is walking off the cliff and you get in line and join them. It boils down to raw moral fiber. Homosexual activity in any form is perversion and to engage in the act is to be of a depraved mind. If you stand around and listen to the world. They argue that there's nothing wrong with it, that they were born that way so God must want them to be homosexual (huge assumption). Consider this: The word gay means to be happy, the rainbow insignia used; is actually taken from the bible that God used to make a promise never to destroy the earth again by water, the color purple is also taken from the bible which in the bible it represent royalty. Those three examples are strong indicators of the world taking what is a Holy design and pervert it; to fit a perverted way of life. Everyone has a free will that is God given and whether people believe it or not; God is going to destroy everything that is un-Holy and perverted by Fire.

Best Answer

This is not true at all. I think it's the most common misconception to think those who oppose THINK it's because of the VOW between a man and a woman argument, but I believe in talkin to a few people that this is just the method by which to win the argument, but NOT the belief. I believe most don't want to financially support Gay marriage through goverment assistance programs and welfare insurance. Trust me, when diving into these huge social topics which goverment has a say in the decision, it will ALWAYS be about MONEY! If state and or federal goverment agencies felt it could turn a profit off of Gay marriage it would have been legal years ago!

Best Answer

I am SO PRO gay marriage!!!

Best Answer