What would you have done ??
underconstruction underconstruction 41-45, F 16 Answers Jan 14, 2013 in Motherhood

babies in the womb cannot smile. It's an involuntary muscle contraction due to their being undeveloped and not used. that's assuming the baby is actuall at the point in gestation that facial features are even discernable. Regardless, it's not a smile.<br />
I personally would not bring a child into the world that was seriously disabled. I don't think it's fair to bring a person into the world that has no chance of survival on it's own. However this is ONLY my personal opinion and if actually faced with the decision I'm not sure what I would do. BUT I do not advocate laws against abortion.<br />
It's Pro-Choice or NO Choice.

Best Answer

The knew the baby would die, and he did in fact died soon after birth but they got to hold him for a few hours.

Best Answer

I'm confused. Did she carry it to term? Either way that's awful.

Best Answer

Yes, she did. Not awful at all, just very sad and very moving.

Best Answer

What they did was selfish. If they knew the child was going to die anyway then they should have allowed it to go peacefully. But no, they decided they just had to hold it didn't they?

Best Answer

No, it wasn´t selfish.
The fact you cannot comprehend that kind of situation doesn´t make their decision less valid.

Best Answer

The child was born and barely comprehends life. It died in pain, confusion, and terror. unless they drugged it up to the point where it was basically asleep. That's selfish, disturbing, and should never be allowed. If a foal can't stand they put it down, because it's cruel to let something live that can't live without constant help.

Best Answer

How do you know that´s what happened ?
Besides, when a baby is aborted , doesn´t he/she end his life in sheer pain, confusion and terror ?

Best Answer

No, because most abortions are performed in the FIRST trimester and most in the first 12 weeks, WAY BEFORE the baby is anything more than a clump of cells. Also after 6 months it's illegal to get an abortion unless your life is in danger. The fetus could have died at any point and possibly killed the mother, for her to carry the baby on the off chance that she would get to see it hold it and bankrupt herself taking care of it. that's Selfish. If I spent six thousand dollars to buy a car and i have no money left to pay the monthly bill I get the car for a month, then it gets reposessed, my credit's ruined, and my life could be screwed permanently, all because I wanted to drive a new BMW and not a used car.

Best Answer

When you compare BMW´s with disabled babies you are the one who sounds very selfish ( and rather disturbing).
Stick to cars from now on.

Best Answer

My point is carrying a pregnancy to term knowing the baby will probably die withing 24 hours of birth is horribly selfish. Just like ruining my credit and screwing up my life to drive a BMW for One month is horribly selfish. It's called a metaphor, something they teach you along with reading comprehension. You should look into it.

Best Answer

You could have done a better comparison but you can only go so far.

Best Answer

I didn't want to, I find the whole situation repellant. Along with your sick fascination with cradling a dying infant.

Best Answer

Your argument is very poor and you just sound like a bitter **** who cannot comprehend situations beyond your limited life experiences. Post as much as you want on this thread if you want, I won´t block you, but I have no interest in discussing this matter further with someone so dense and stupid.

Best Answer

I find it sad that you can't see how selfish and sick this is. regardless I'm done here. Abortion is legal and it will stay that way.

Best Answer

okay im not gonna lie...<br />
as much as that would make me feel all warm and fuzzy...i wouldnt keep it. because i do not think i am emotionally (or perhaps evern mentally) stable a enough to sucessfully raise a normal child. and with the special needs the kid would have....i just dont want to someday know im responsible for putting my own child through the same sh*t i had to go through in my life

Best Answer

Are you seriously disabled ?

Best Answer

not disabled i just have certain personality disorders and such. i dnt trust myself to raise a kid

Best Answer

Then it´s very wise of you to choose not to become a parent if you feel you wouldn´t be able to handle all that it´s involved.

Best Answer

Bet she's going to rely on government handouts the rest of her life to support her serverly disabled offspring. Life just isn't that important. If it was then we wouldn't allow 1000's of children to die each and every day around the world from something as simple as malnutrition and starvation. But we do whilst we live in countries where much of the population is obese or overweight.

Best Answer

Your bet failed.
The baby died 9 hours later.
That will probably make you and your pocket very happy.

Best Answer

Much happier. Probably saved the poor thing from a lifetime of pain and discomfort as well.

Best Answer

sounds like you are only worried about yourself here.k ind of sad to know that you not knowing these people would have any stereotypical thing to say to say about them. how do you now the mother was not rich? unless it was yourself do not try to say that someones life was not important

Best Answer

Well said jbrose. I agree.

Best Answer

I can say whatever I want! LOL

Best Answer

And they did whatever they wanted, too.

Best Answer

And we're discussing what they did. I don't have to agree with you guys.

Best Answer

Nobody cares what you think, really.

Best Answer

Seriously disabled..hard decision, but I figure it would've been the right thing to terminate it rather than let it suffer throughout life.

Best Answer

He didn´t survive. He died soon after birth. But his parents got to hold him and kiss him.

Best Answer

So what was the point, then if it ended up dying anyway?

Best Answer

I would have done the same thing she did...let him have a chance.

Best Answer

Same here.

Best Answer

...Considering one of the reasons I didn't have kids is because I didn't want to have a child who would have asthma and depression...I think you'd know what I'd do. <br />
I have chronic medical problems and I still think it would have been easier all around if I had not been medically saved as an infant.

Best Answer

I wouldn't have known. I wouldn't get the test to check for disability, because it wouldn't matter.

Best Answer

God bless her for having a heart that can feel so deeply.

Best Answer

I dunno im not a woman but who knows what there quality of life actually is

Best Answer

They were informed the baby would require 24 hour care and most likely die in the first days.

Best Answer

But what i mean is no one knows what its actually like for the kid. Tbh its her child and she can do what she wants, must of been a hard decision

Best Answer

I am sure it was but they are glad they gave him a chance.

Best Answer

Ummm, I don't think that's even possible. Still, if you want to have a baby..it makes sense to keep the pregnancy even if it might be disabled. I personally can't imagine being in a position to want a baby..so it's not something I'll likely have first hand experience with.

Best Answer

I am a mother and had I been in that woman´s situation I would have done exactly the same.

Best Answer

that's a personal choice though..many people wouldn't want to give birth to a baby that's likely to die or be ill. that's why may people with serious health issues would refrain from reproducing if they knew their kids were likely to be seriously ill. It wouldn't have been wrong for her to have made a different choice to me. It's sad either way.

Best Answer

It´s very sad. It must´ve been a very difficult decision during a time that should have been filled with hope and happiness.

Best Answer

When I found out I was pregnant I already determined to carry the child to full term no matter what. I started studying the rearing of various types of special needs children and prepared myself. I refused amniocentesis, because the outcome didn't matter, so I know I would also have chosen to keep any disabled baby.

Best Answer

I did have the amniocentesis but I was also determined to keep my baby no matter what.
She was born healthy and beautiful and she´s the light of my life.

Best Answer

I'm glad your daughter is healthy! My son was also born healthy and is now 25 years old and going to become a parent himself in August. :D

Best Answer

Congrats !! Enjoy :-)

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

they are trying to make everyone have to see an ultrasound of the babies first. i think it is a hard choice but they do say that God will never give you more then you can handle.

Best Answer

Who says that? Crazy religious people?

Best Answer

Baby was born but sadly passed away 9 hours later due to his brain abnormalities.

Best Answer

i dont now if i completely believe it but i do feel you can handle almost anything with the right type of help.

Best Answer

Yes people can handle almost anything if they have to with the right type of help. Not like gods come down and help out all that often though is it? LOL

Best Answer

thats sad :( but one things guys dont understand is how much a woman developes love for a child even before birth. im sure she felt she could deal with the struggle, some people are stronger then others.

Best Answer

No, but you definitely are a heap of it , lubster.

Best Answer

you have no idea what God has helped people out with. just because you dont believe God will help someone does not mean its true. anyway enough fighting about God on this website. lol

Best Answer

I agree again, jbrose. She was very loving and very strong.
I also loved my daughter before she was born. I felt I had been chosen to be her mom and was here on this planet to love her unconditionally, protect her and make her life as happy as I possibly could.

Best Answer

check my bank account on my phone again

Best Answer