I want more children someday. But I am afraid. I worry about my body changing like it did with my daughter. Its hard trying to get my body back to normal and getting my hair to grow back. I don't want my fears to get in the way of wanting a family. How do you cope? I need to talk to someone who understands. I need support. Any advice I would appreciate it. I'm so afraid. Thank you!
Inherownwords Inherownwords 31-35, F 5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 in Health

I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a prayer, coming your way. :-)

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Be a mother first and the rest will follow

Best Answer

Thank you! Being a mother is the easy part. I was expecting to come out differently. But instead, my body did the exact opposite.

Best Answer

being a mother is not that easy , most are nurses not mothers, to be a mother is a great responsibility.

Best Answer

I mean compared to having an eating disorder. But thank you :)

Best Answer

Choose your priorities.

Best Answer

I want more children. But I worry about my eating disorder getting in the way. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't want to have any regrets and my dream of wanting a family not come true.

Best Answer

Eating disorders should go when you decide to enjoy life, trust your body, don't treat it as if it was sick, it's your way of thinking and your fear of changing that are not right.

Best Answer

You just need to put the Childs healthy first and then you will be able to be healthy for her and after you can go back to your habits as long as it doesn't hurt your child..

Best Answer

I do and I have. But I also want a life where I don't have to think about this eating disorder anymore. I don't want it taking over my life.

Best Answer

Then you need to go get treatment

Best Answer

I don't need treatment. I'm a healthy weight and coping with my eating disorder fine. I'm beyond healthy.

Best Answer

Then there's nothing let to do it never really goes away... There are bad days and good days

Best Answer

The thing is, I've been in recovery. Doing very well. After I stopped breastfeeding my daughter, I experienced weight loss and hair loss. I'm afraid of that happening again. I don't want my fears to stand in the way of me being a mother and having a family someday.

Best Answer

Okay idk how to help you...

Best Answer

If you want children for the sake of having children do not bother.

They are not toys

If you want children because you w ant a family and to love them you will find it easy to cope yourself

You have been there so you know you can!

Best Answer

I could never have children for the sake of just having them. If that was the case, then I wouldn't be having this fear.

Best Answer

You need have no fear.
You have been there once already.
If you want another it will happen and you will cope admirably

Best Answer

Thank you! So I shouldn't think about it?

Best Answer

No!
Relax about the future and take it as it comes.
Make the best of what you have and take each step carefully into the future, deciding what to do at the right time.
Otherwise you will be old before your time

Best Answer

Ok, thank you! I find myself getting caught up in the thought of it. I'm afraid of being alone.

Best Answer

Any time you want to talk email me
I have had three who are now probably older than you

Best Answer

Thank you :)

Best Answer