A Christian woman, I am interested in learning Muslima's honest opinions about their beautiful hijabs; the different types (my ignorant eyes can't tell the difference), why you wear them, how you feel about them. Thank you for your serious consideration and responses. Peace be unto you.
afreimann afreimann 41-45, F 10 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Religion

i feel very comfortable in hijab I wear them to cover my head i love it and feel very uncomfortable to go out without it. the basic concept of hijab is cover head and hairs so no problem what type of hijab be used

thanks for being interseted in us and knowing about us peace be unto you

Best Answer

I do wear veil if not a 'niqab',I mean I wear veil to cover my hair and It is good for me since I hate attention.you will feel a little bit more safe when you cover a part of your beautiful body .thats what I feel.many people think that being a Muslima you will suffer for the rest of your lifetime but if you know the truth in Islam,we have rights too.the differences in the way we are being treated now lies in the tradition and how big is the ego of your countryman.Iam sorry if this is not related to your question.

Best Answer

Oh not at all, in fact quite to the contrary you addressed precisely the source of my curiosity; thank you so much. I appreciate the openness and thoroughness of your feedback. :)

Best Answer

Nice question

Best Answer

I'm a Muslim girl but I don't wear the 'Hijab" I'm just an ordinary lady who actually look more like a European girl than a Muslim girl but I'm pure with how I behave and how I am.

There are no types of "Hijabs" it's just one "Hijab" that we as Muslim girls or ladies should wear. You are given the choice as a Muslim lady to wear the ordinary "Hijab" covering your hair and body just revealing your hands and face or you can wear the "Niqab" which is not obligatory but optional. And the "Niqab" is covering your whole body,face,hands as well as hair of course.

The "Niqab" is a thing dress usually black That is loose some are layered others not which covers your body and has a piece coming with it to cover your hair and face just revealing your eye.

The Hijab is in the Islamic religion something valuable it shows pride,respect,value,purity and religious obedience to God.

We wear the "Hijab" not cause our husbands tell us to do that but cause we are strong believing women we show our strength and willingness to the almighty God we also cover or hide our beauty cause it's seducing we value ourselves this way. Being modest shows respect and some Mystery to guys. A man when seeing a Muslim girl wearing the "Hijab" always asks himself"If her face is so beautiful how about her hair and her body??" This makes men feel the purity and self respect that Muslim girls have towards themselves as well as their values and pride.

The "Hijab" Is the Muslim girl's Crown in the Islamic religion and covering your hair and body means purity&pride but you as a Muslim girl should also act like one. The "Hijab" is just a symbol of how you are from the outside but it should also reflect what your inside is.

Beauty is precious and once it's precious to us you should hide it just revealing your face which is the most part of your body that shows how you are.It's like a TREASURE that's hidden and can't bee revealed to anyone except to your husband.

It's the main source if self-confidence and respect.

Best Answer

How beautiful, and thank you so much for the depth of your enlightening response! I can completely see how this lovely garment is exactly what you say it is.
Another Muslima responded to let me know that I was referring to different types of 'styles' as some that I'd seen for sale online had different names such as Nafeesah and Al Amira hijabs; perhaps those styles are unique to the website selling them(?). Seriously, though, I do appreciate your thorough, insightful response; thank you so very much.

Best Answer

Yes theses are names for the designers who have made the different styles of the "Hijab" and if you've noticed the different ways of how girls wear the hijab are so many and very beautiful but actually all these styles have originated to different Muslim countries and traditions.
You can wear the style of "Hijab" as you like as long as it's loose and not showing your neck,ears,hair or even body parts.

Best Answer

Timeless beauty. Women who maintain self-esteem

Best Answer

The style is really the only difference. The trends. The lesson of Islam is humility and faith. Muslim women take comfort in this.

Best Answer

Thank you for answering me, ma'am. So, the hijab is an expression of humility then? How beautiful.
I have been looking at the different types of hijab online for about three weeks and hadn't been able to discern what the difference in type was; thank you for clarifying that it is simply a matter of style.

Best Answer

A Muslimmah wears a Hijab to please her creator. All the benefits we get is just a bonus. When you submit your will to The Almighty, you obey his commands and everything falls into place.

Best Answer

i am a muslim lady who had to fight for her right to wear the full hijab, i stood strong against my parents to get this right. and i got it . Islam frees women from being addressed as lust objects, hijab was made to ensure this point, many men are pure hearted but not all of them. you are only allowed to judge me by my mind, my thoughts and my way of thinking. boobs, hips and lips are out of this judgement. hijab ensures dignity, purity , protection of the precious muslim women. when a woman wears hijab this is a sign for bad men, i am not for temporary lust, i am not for every man to approach, i am a queen . and only kings can approach queens.

Best Answer

I like the beekeeper variety personally.

Best Answer

I find your input on this subject both irreverent and irrelevant.

Best Answer

Of course you do. You only want to hear the positive light hearted side. The history and reality of Islamic suppression of women through various means including death for not covering up 99% of the body doesn't sit well with you. Their are so many Muslim women who aren't even allowed to become literature or have computer access and can't tell you their opinion on wearing a hijab. But of course, that's not relevant to you.

Best Answer

That's a hell of a judgment from a person who's never even had a conversation with me. Of course I don't promote suppression, of anyone, and sadly know that what you are saying is true in way, way too many cases. But there are Muslimas who are happy to be Muslim, are fortunate enough to be oppressed in their lives and love their faith; it is to those ladies my question was addressed (for the sake of clarity).

Best Answer

damn typos! make that " But there are Muslimas who are happy to be Muslim, are fortunate enough ***NOT***to be oppressed in their lives and love their faith; it is to those ladies my question was addressed (for the sake of clarity).

Best Answer

Best Answer