Tell him that people who program the games make lots of money and if he'd like to learn you can send him to school.

Best Answer

Unscrew it, remove a crucial part, put it back together. Done. And refuse to get a new one, tell him he should have taken better care of it.

Best Answer

Don't forget to ground him for breaking it.

Best Answer

Oh, absolutely. But a word of warning, XBox's are pretty hard to take a part. I know from witnessing a struggle to do so.

Best Answer

do not force him because whan same one force u to do same thing the first thing u do is agast it so try to show him what is good and what is bad thing about it plz do not brack it or whan he is playing it unplug it i think u should give him same time togather to play xbox with him and tolk to him as friend i my oppinion it will be good for him and u as well

Best Answer

nice...thank you, abbasiimran....i would suck at it, but thanks...:)

Best Answer

This may sound harsh but, stand up and be a Parent.. don't try and be his Friend.. you can be friendly but you have to be a Parent first.. just saying :)

Best Answer

I am of the same conviction thoroughly, but due to my former marriage with his psycho-alcoholic father who totally confused the kids and changed his mind every other day and usurped anything I tried to do with the kids, it's pointless to try with a 16 year old young man....at this stage, he is coming of his own and doesn't want to listen to his mommy,.....you know??

Best Answer

Get him a playstation or a Wii instead?

Best Answer

hahaha......why didn't I think of that.?

Best Answer

I disagree. If you bought it for him, and he became addicted, that's your fault, not his. He should not be punished for something that was caused by YOUR actions, not his. Breaking it and then blaming him for it, further, grounding him for breaking it is dishonest and manipulative at the very least. However, as the parent of a 14-year old who, like millions of others, has been sucked into the gaming world, I can sympathize and definitely relate to what a nightmare this is. It's practically my son's entire world, and I'm weary of it; I miss the boy he used to be, before this thing took over our lives. Talking to him about it has made progress for us. Recently he was rejected by his friends (mostly older teens) on a whim, and now he suddenly finds himself with practically zero friends that are not cyber. It was a sobering experience, so I have been sympathetic and supportive. He is realizing he needs to get out more, expand his interests and not spend eight to ten hours a day rotting his brain with this soul-sucking device. It's a clever and amazing thing, the Xbox, but ultimately, it's the addiction that causes everything to go terribly wrong. Dialogue is the answer. Randomly condemning it and taking it away and punishing him for loving what you let him have will not only confuse him and make him resent you, it will only make him want it more.

Best Answer

I'm not sure if I made it clear, but I did NOT buy the game toys for him, his manipulative father did. I would never have begun this in our home as I can see the outcome of such decisions. It's been a few years since I first posted this and during his own fit of rage, which he tended to have occasionally, he completely destroyed both the tv he bought with his own money, and the xbox. Wow... He is also now successfully completing advanced auto repair at a school and now believes video games are a total waste of time and a way to live a loser lifestyle! Ha! Prayer works! :)

Best Answer

I know this is of no use to you, but at least you know where he is.<br />
He isn't involved in a gang, or stealing cars or taking drugs. Trust me once his hormones start stirring he will be out chasing girls.<br />
I like the idea of time on xbox as a reward for doing well at school. Good luck!

Best Answer

Hmm Sometimes A Child Can Play For Certain Reasons. He Can Be Blocking Something, Say He Doesnt Get Attention At Home, He Plays To Get Attention With Friends, Or He Feels Unimportant So He Plays To Feel Important, Etc He Cant Really Do What He Pleases But In The Game He Does. Just A Possiblity, Try To Find Whats Missing In His Life.<br />
Taking It Away Without A Reasonable Explanation Can Lead To Anger, And Hatered, Failing Grades Can Be A Bit Weak, But Turn The Xbox As A Reinforcement, Good Grades=Reasonable Amount Of Game Play<br />
Another Is Interaction With Parents And The Child, How Can You Substitute The Game For Somethinf More Productive? <br />
I know You Have Trouble Taking It Away, So Obviousuly Try Talking To Him In A Very Mature, Serious Way.<br />
If You Are A Working Parent It Can Be Very Difficult, I Suggest Obviously To Give Him Trust... "Hey, I Am Going To Work, Finishe Your Homework And Play Till A Certain Hour" But Obviously You Need To Talk To Him First.<br />
A Role Model Can Play A Very Crucial Part In This Especially If The Parents arent Invovled... Either He Is Blocking Something, Getting Attention, etc, Thw Game Gives Him Something To Be Addicited To, Find It And Substitute It With Another Activity... Love, Care, And Understanding Are Crucial As Well.<br />
Just An Overview, Some Information Is Need To Make A Full Explanation...

Best Answer

My daughter used to spend ages on hers too.<br />
I used to let her have an hour on it after school then I would go in the garage & switch the upstairs sockets off from the fuse box, she would ask whats happened & I would claim to look into it, I would turn it back on after a couple of hours once she had done her homework & had dinner.

Best Answer

Have you tried marijuana?

Best Answer

wow..you must be on it right now...no, but I'm sure he has!!

Best Answer

I wish I was.....

Best Answer

Who's the adult here?

Best Answer

read below....

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my kids BUT they have time limits on it and they know if they violate the rules it gets taken away. But I will say this, while my oldest (he's 20) was playing Halo his friends were out drinking doing drugs, shoplifting and getting into trouble and I knew where he was.

Best Answer

You could try giving him time slots of when he can play it. He could go get a Job if he is failing at school, that might make him see how much easier it owuld be to stay in school and finish it off!

Best Answer

show him Magic: the Gathering. Problem Solved!

Best Answer

Just do what my parents did, when i got bad grades they would take away my game systems and tv and phone until i raised my grades and kept them up for a while and now im more focused in school then my electronics.

Best Answer