aristolochea aristolochea 66-70, F 12 Answers Sep 20, 2011

Well, if you start drinking again the you probably won't have a marraige to work on. You have to put your sobriety and recovery FIRST. You didn't mention AA , but if you are a member go to a meeting and vent.<br />
People who say smoke a joint to help you do not understand the nature of addiction or alcoholism. You cannot use ANY mind-altring drug if you have the disease of alcoholism or addiction. ANY drug will lead you right back to where you left off with the drinking. This is what I gleaned from going to AA,CA, and NA for the past 21 years . I wish you good luck and remember , in AA fellow alcoholics will love you until you learn how to love yourself.

Best Answer

Dude smoke a number instead

Best Answer

Marijuana helps kick alcohol if done right AND you'll get a smile!

Best Answer

smoke some herb and maybe go to a marriage counselor before you make any final decisions

Best Answer

Better to lose the marriage than your sobriety. Sometimes a person has to walk away.

Best Answer

End the marriage, stay sober.

Best Answer

After 31 years of A.A. meetings and I'm guessing you have a sponsor and you're still messed up??? Let me tell you, right now I'm taking care of my 83 year old mother that lost a leg to diabetes almost a year to the day on the 19th of this month and as much as it sometimes drives me crazy I haven't drank or used yet. I btw went on my last binge in 1989. I should've been drunk and high many times but I haven't. I have been in bands played big and small clubs in and out of relationships. I've been through all the major "no-nos" most alcoholics have been through and I still haven't picked up or used. I think basically it's because I don't want to go through the conquences that comes with getting drunk and high anymore. "They" say that "Well I'm an alcoholic and I miss the drink and getting drunk" Funny. I don't miss it. Not one iota. I don't miss the poisoned hungover feeling or the puking or the jails and wrecked cars with the possibility of being killed...that's why I don't miss it. Guess I'm different. And I'm not "supposed to be because I'm an 'alcoholic' " Truth be told, I don't know what I am anymore, I just belong to God because I know for a fact that He/She/It exists as the result of the steps and the Gift Of Desparation. I hope you pray. I hope you do what you need to do to get happy and sober.<br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Did-Things-Most-Recovering-Alkies-Are-Scared-Shitless-To-Do/1911283" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a>

Best Answer

The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. I use it sometimes, but I do so sparingly. By misuse, I mean that people who have never even glimpsed at the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or, they argue against it, as if they knew what it is that they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as "My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Neitzche's famous statement "God is dead." The most common ego identifications have to do with possessions, the work you do, social status and recognition, knowledge and education, physical appearance, special abilities, relationships, personal and family history, belief systems, and often political, nationalistic, racial, religious, and other collective identifications. None of these are you. Fear arises through identification with form, whether it be a material possession, a physical body, a social role, a self-image, a thought, or an emotion. It arises through unawareness of the formless inner dimension of consciousness or spirit, which is the essence of who you are.

Best Answer

There's a old saying in AA : "If you hang around the barber shop too much you're going to get a haircut." I remember reading in AA that it is unwise to 'delibrately 'test ' your sobriety by hanging around the wrong people and hanging around the wrong places. It chips away your resistance and you may in a moment of weaknes drink a handy drink of beer or something. It may not be true for you pesonally but it gives someone in the early stages of sobriety reading this the wrong message Nothing personal or no offense intended.

Best Answer

Well you're a little late bud because this post is old.

Best Answer

You still have that lovely life ahead of you. Live a new life. It is the only way. If you can't smile this past thirty years or so, why not trying to smile for this next coming years. You'll feel the difference. You'll feel that you're alive.

Best Answer

Pick up a joint before you pick up a drink. IDK what to advise about your marriage - maybe the smile pot gives you will cure 2 things - your sadness and your take on your spouse. Believe me I KNOW how serious life can be - and seem like an unhappy chore - off alcohol. This society is not conducive to or accepting of non-drinkers. Most TV shows advocate it as a path to happiness. I also have 31 years off booze, U R not alone.<br />
Feel free to write me privately. Whatever you do, don't feel guilty.

Best Answer

Can you phone any kind of help line? You need a shoulder to lean on. Hang in there; I'm hoping for the best for you.

Best Answer

dont do it!

Best Answer