KushB KushB 26-30, F 22 Answers Jan 16, 2013 in Community

First pay for the sheep. Then get rid of the dog

Best Answer

not even an option.

Best Answer

You cannot un teach killing behavior, the animal will kill again so it is on you

Best Answer

What would you do ig that sheep was a kid? Or what would you do if your neighbors dog killed your dog? Exactly.

Best Answer

i dont know cos i wasnt there. but what was his herd doing in my plot inthe first place? he should sue his herder not me. My dog was just defending his territory, but thats beside the point. what should i do with him now?, how do I train him not to attack the neighbour's sheep? I have my own sheep and he doesnt attack them.

Best Answer

That's a tough situation because Im scared that if the dog got a taste of blood it will not be vicious. But to keep a decent situation with your neighbor you should offer to replace the sheep if she declines and takes you to court over it, let the judge know that you offered to replace it and she declined.

Best Answer

sounds like if it got to court the judge would say, "you knew she had a dog, why were your sheep on her property?"... the neighbor is being unreasonable in my estimation.

Best Answer

I'd still offer nonetheless.

Best Answer

the offer is not the problem, i can do that cos i have quite alot. But he needs to understand that he needs to tell his herder to keep his sheep in his plot and off mine.
What happened yesterday is Keller defending territory cos i also have sheep and Keller has never attacked mine. He saw a strange alien and protected us.

Best Answer

Call Cesar Millan.

Best Answer

Doubt he will want to come to Africa

Best Answer

take it to a pitbull specific trainer or it's not gonna end well

Best Answer

Best answer

Best Answer

I live in Namibia. I doubt we have dog trainers here. And the thing is, my neighbour wants to sue me.

Best Answer

Rightfullly she should. You neglected to take care of your pet and it hurt someone else. Regardless if it was her pet (to which there is emotional attachment to.) or if it was a source of food for her, you hurt her and her family. You can offer to buy her a new one but, you're responsible if your dog is vicious. I'm assuming, however, that your dog went to where her sheep was kept, either pinned up or on a leash.

Best Answer

Eat him. Sheep are delicious.

Best Answer

My neighbour wants to sue

Best Answer

Oh bummer. They could press charges. Hell, you could get fined for harboring a viscous animal and failure to control. That sucks.

Best Answer

Kill it before it kills again.

Best Answer

dont have it in me to kill something

Best Answer

I got to be the Family Henchman.. It's wild how fast a nuisanse animal drops with a .22 to the head.

Best Answer

I'm a farmer I've just had 3 sheep in a week killed all worth over £1000 each if I catch the dog that has done this it won't get a second chance with me it's getting shot

Best Answer

Point at him and say baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad dog!

Best Answer

I've been reading the answers and your responses. You know the laws of your country better than those of us outside:

Did the neighbour's sheep wander onto your property ? Where I live that would put the onus on your neighbour; your dog was protecting your land.

On the other hand, if your dog wandered onto the neighbour's property and attacked the sheep, then you would be expected to make restitution. Whether or not anything happened to the dog would depend on the state (here).

In the first scenario, the dog didn't do anything wrong, so there would be nothing to do with him, unless you worry he might attack a person, then training, or keeping him secured at night might be necessary.

In the second scenario, again training, but it would be imperative lest he become a danger and have to be put down.

Best Answer

the neighbor's sheep wandered into my plot. eating grass that my sheep, goats, cows and horses are supposed to be eating.
This happened in the day.
Last year, the same neighbor shot one of my goats in the head for wandering onto his plot and dumped him infront of my gate with a note that i should put up a fence.
my dogs are good dogs, i think Keller just felt threatened in his territory.

Best Answer

Okay, based on that, I don't see how your neighbour feels he has any grounds to sue. Did you put up a fence after the neighbour shot your goat ?

Best Answer

oh, in that case I take back what I said. If the sheep was on your property, I don't believe you should do anything.

Best Answer

If you can prove it was on your property let him sue you should win

Best Answer

Get rid of the dog, and do your best to smooth things over. Pray your efforts will be blessed.

Best Answer

train the dog better! I have only met 1 mean pit in my entire life. They are generally nice dogs, but they do need a lot of training. definitely pay for the sheep though.

Best Answer

if the sheep wasnt in my plot, Keller wouldnt have attacked

Best Answer

Digg a hole in your backyard and dispose over the body. Make sure there no witnesses, that's what a real best friend would do. Oh and never talk about it,again.

Best Answer

Put some of the sheep’s blood over your face and kneel down in front of him so he can rip your face to pieces and deliver justice upon the person who is actually responsible for causing that terrible end to the life of the poor defenceless sheep.

Or you could just have it put down.

Best Answer

that is not fair. what were his sheep doing in my plot in the first place. i understand him, cos it could have been my sheep as well, but suing me for 1 sheep?! Really now

Best Answer

Well you didn't say His sheep was on your property... Well if thats the case then your neighbour will not be able to sue you. I would offer to pay him the cost of the sheep though, just to diffuse the situation.

Best Answer

You use the wool for a coat or something.

You mean the dog? Train it.

Best Answer

Get him a leash...

Best Answer

Holy Christ. You're good lookin.

Best Answer

Haha. thank you!

Best Answer

Hey, you know it! I was just offering a reminder. But you're very welcome.

Best Answer

You don't look to shabby yourself :)

Best Answer

Hey hey, now you're talkin! lol Nah, I appreciate that :)

Best Answer

Your welcome :) any day

Best Answer

I like your. atmosphere. It's different.

Best Answer

Thanks. "Different" is the word. "Original" is a good one, too.

Best Answer

We should be EP buddies and talk about life and poetry and ****.

Best Answer

*sh!t was what that said

Best Answer

don't want anyone to get the wrong idea :)

Best Answer

Your beautiful.

Best Answer

Awwwww :) then accept my add request!

Best Answer

YAY! Thank you.

Best Answer

I did :)

Best Answer

keep him ? dude if your going to own a pitbull no matter what theire going to kill something in their life time hate to say it but tis true its a dark deep end that not many will addit to or fess up. Keep a bite stick on hand !!!

Best Answer