tambem tambem 31-35, M 20 Answers Oct 3, 2011

F no! ....8 is too young for that c rap

Best Answer

I wouldn't , kids need to be told no . If my 12 year old went to a mates and watched them I'd be pissed . Kids are allowed to do too much too soon these days .<br />
I'd have my worries about an 8 year old who loves those things and is allowed to be exposed to them , as a youth worker it sounds alarm bells .

Best Answer

As long as she knows it is fantasy and its not giving her fear in her day to day life, I think its fine

Best Answer

I LOVE horror movies and im 11 and i never got scared but if she doesnt get scared or if she can sleep allnight and alone and note be afraid its fine as long as you watch it with her <br />
(ps u can have the light on or off deosn't matter)

Best Answer

No way.

Best Answer

i think it has to be a Trial and Error. Frst see if u let her watch horro movies alone and whether shes able to sleep onher own in her room alone!!<br />
If shes not, explain to her the reasons is the Horror movies she watches.<br />
Secondly, tell her, that kids shld not be watchin such stuff as it affects their minds to grow and make them abnormal whn they grow older..etc etc and some other lies tht might frighten her a bit !!<br />
I think this shld wrok :-) Happy to help :-)

Best Answer

she knows it´s not real,the thing is she sees it as a joke!she sleeps well and doesnn´t have nightmares.i haven´t yet alowed her to see them alone,because i need to control some scenes.monster and knifes are one thing,but real violence is another issue,and many movies touch reality too close.

Best Answer

emm if you mean Goosebumps maybe?? :O

Best Answer

Yeah my parents let me watch them in the dark and i was 7

Best Answer

My son also watched them...I decided to watch them WITH him, and I gasped and I reacted through each horrific scene (Friday 13th, Freddy Kruger, Chainsaw massacre, Poultergeist, exorcist...the lot)<br />
we had great debates about it, talks and diiscussions about everything and He is the nicest guy you could meet at 30 years of age.....so...watch them with her,ask her about what she is looking at....show you are interested and that you really care

Best Answer

yes - I grew up watching the Omen, The Exorcist and many others and I turned out just fine

Best Answer

My parents basically allowed us to watch anything we wanted growing up and my siblings and I came out pretty normal. No serial killers or sociopaths were produced. BUT If I was a parents I dont think I would feel that comfortable with my child watching most Rated R movies, especially horror which always have gruesome torture and violence. Its really up to the parent since only they know or at least should know their own children.

Best Answer

Our daughter watched horror films since she was two and never got scared or had nightmares; I just made sure to explain to her about special effects and make-up, relating them to things she knew like clown make-up, etc. On the other hand, she often had nightmares if she watched the news because she knew that was real..

Best Answer

Normal phase for some kids, particularly girls.

Best Answer

Yeah

Best Answer

as long as it doesnt give her bad nightmares my little sister was the same way and still is she loves horrer movies and i im sure she always will and she is completly normal it worried my mother she thought it was strange and that my sister would be a weird adult but she is not at all

Best Answer