You might check with a book store or the library and see if you can find a book that your son could relate with. Sometimes just knowing that what you are feeling is OK and to "not" be perfect is perfectly normal. My granddaughter and I read books about a girl named Junie B. They are great because Junie B always seems to walk the line between behavior and emotions and helps show when and how to have a healthy dose of creativity. We love them so much that my 8 year old granddaughter gave me one for Christmas called I'm Not A Criminal. Junie B share the honest thoughts and feelings of the honest and not so honest. It is especially important to find the humor and lightheartedness even when Junie B is contemplating and justifing why it would be good to take something. She just is doing what we all as human do. I realize that you have a son but Junie B is not a girl, she is a typical over creative and energetic child. I wish we would not so much teach our young kids what is wrong or right but rather what is healthy and unhealthy behavior. It just seems less intimidating.

Best Answer

I will def look into that book. It sounds perfect for him. I will try anything to help him. I know he must be really suffering inside, and I know I could handle it better than I am. I just don't know which direction to go. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Best Answer

I can tell you I suffered from anxiety my whole life. I am 32 now. I did nothing about it until I was 28 when my world fell apart. It probably is eating away at him as it did me. I never knew what was wrong with me when I was young. Just that I always had stomach aches, always felt extreme empathy for others(still do), would always be asking my mother tough questions about life. But no one ever did anything for me. I am very glad that you are getting your son help. The absolute very best to you both. I am sure things will get better for you both soon! :)

Best Answer

Thank you missryerye. I really appreciate your input. I knew it was time for help when I broke down crying today. I feel so helpless, and I know he feels the same. I really hope he can get the help he needs. I just want my little boy back. Thanks again :)

Best Answer

awe! Anytime! Us mommies have to stick together. I have a 14 year old who is going through something of the same thing. It is hard for me to differentiate between hormones or other things that he may be feeling. But after I talked to him about depression, and how that it isn't his fault and he may not even really know what is bothering him, it seemed to take a weight off his shoulders. He is handling things better these days. I know good times are in your future!

Best Answer

I hope this is a good doctor. It sounds like OCD to keep asking the same things. Best of luck and I think you may need some counseling also.

Best Answer

Your right about the OCD. He does repeat things to me as well. I'm wondering if some behavioral therapy would help his situation.

Best Answer

Talk therapy is a place to start.

Best Answer