She says he is a hard worker. Doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs. That he has two grown kids. He has been married three times. Geewhiz, I am so nervous about this. I haven't dated in so long. :(
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 12 Answers Mar 2, 2012

Does this teller know your bank balance? Maybe she wants someone else to look after her father-in-law (financially) so maybe she and her hubby don't have to.

Best Answer

No chance of that...lol. She does know my bank balance so I don't have to worry about her thinking along those lines. :) He doesn't live with them and is employed.

Best Answer

Thank God! Please excuse my paranoia. Perhaps you just taught me to be a tad more trusting. People can really be genuinely nice, when they want to be. Good luck, no matter which way you go with this.

Best Answer

That's one good thing...a man would have to be dirt poor to want me for my money. :) Thank you.

Best Answer

3 times married is a big red flag! You can do better than that.

Best Answer

I wouldn't count on it. lol.

Best Answer

My sister married a guy who had been married 3 times, she was wife #4. The guy did a Jekyll and Hyde. She ended up divorced after 1 year. Please be careful!

Best Answer

I will. Probably too careful. :)

Best Answer

married 3x is a bit worrying but then how many people dont marry and rack up more. just start with a cuppa at lunch or something and work from there.

Best Answer

Yes....she was saying she could get his number for me. I wish she'd at least have had a photo or something. I haven't given her an answer, as I wanted to mull it over.

Best Answer

ask her to bring a pic to work. she wants you to hook up she will ;)

Best Answer

LOL...hook up?

Best Answer

I think you should ask your bank manager how many other times she's set this guy up. I think the teller and the feller are in on it together, making a play for your life savings.

Best Answer

All I have is a checking account. LOL

Best Answer

As long as you go in with an open mind and an once of caution, you should be fine. If you do go, I hope you have a fun date. Cheers, smallG

Best Answer

I don't know about the open mind...I'm a little jaded. Haha. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Best Answer

Having seen many of your answers and comments over the past year I've never thought you sounded jaded. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I think an intelligent women such as yourself can learn to take a chance. I hope this doesn't sound trite or anything like that as I am being completely sincere.

Best Answer

Just an informal meeting, perhaps for coffee or something, to start off slow? She how you get along, if you can talk to each other, etc. Then decide from there.

Best Answer

That's how it would be....I might try it. I don't know. It's hard to believe that I've lost so much confidence....when did that happen?

Best Answer

At the worst, you get a cup of coffee and decide you don't want to see him again.

Best Answer

At the worst, he finds out where i live and stalks me and I have to fight him off one night because he came in my window....or am I being paranoid? :S

Best Answer

Well, he's taking the same chance, isn't he? And you could make that argument about anyone and then never have a date for the rest of your life.

Best Answer

True. lol...though the odds are in his favor. :) Yes...I was actually getting ready to throw in the towel on the whole relationship thing. Then she said this today.

Best Answer

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (to be totally unoriginal). Just be careful and take it slow.

Best Answer

doesn't hurt to try. maybe a new friend?

Best Answer

I don't know. I just need some bravery. I'm all jittery about it.

Best Answer

maybe he is just as nervous as you. we all get that feeling when we first met someone new. just meet at a coffeehouse.

Best Answer

Go for it, sounds like fun!

Best Answer

I don't know...all I know is what she told me. Haven't seen the guy or anything.

Best Answer

Well, at least to get your feet wet in the dating game again. Married 3 times is sort of a red flag.

Best Answer

I know...I think that when you get to my age, the pickin's get slim. Most guys are gonna have baggage.

Best Answer