My best friend and I have been friends for seven years, and I really don't want to ruin our friendship. I'm not 100% positive he likes her, but I'm around 90%, as he texts her a lot. He doesn't know I like her, but it hurts every time I see them talking. The girl and I talk a lot as well, but again, she doesn't know I like her. I'm totally confused, and worried about ending my friendship with my best mate.
SecondCitySaint SecondCitySaint 18-21, M 11 Answers Jun 29, 2012

If your friend and the girl are not a couple, tell your friend in converstation that you have the hots for her. The 2 of them may just be close friends and he can put in a good word for you. If he wanted to be a couple with her and you mention you like her, he may say the same thing and you both back away. Who knows. If he says, "She's mine", then back off and find another girl.

Best Answer

this is some really good advice, thank you!

Best Answer

There's nothing anyone can say for this situation unfortunately. Because, the honest truth is crushes like this come and go and in 10 years time, you'll look back and chuckle. It's not something worth ruining your friendship over. BUT, the other honest truth is, while it's happening, it can be pretty hurtful and you're going to do what you're going to do.

Best Answer

WOW!!!!!! im in the same situation as you right now and as you understand it hurst soo much every day to lie to the people close to you (family, friends, siblings) that you like this girl, i know u wanna tell your crush soo badly that you like her and all but first you gotta say to yourself either YOLO or does she like me back, do i have a chance with her and will it effect my relationship with your best friends, and is this all worth risking relationships with your friends. I've gone 3 horrible years without telling my best friend (im a guy and she is a girl) that I like her soo much becuse i asked myself those questions and i found out that im a ***** and im too scared to risk all my relationships with family,friends,etc. BE CAREFULL AS THIS COULD WRECK ALL UR CLOSEST RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE PEOPLE CLOSE TO U!!! GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Best Answer

I was in the same place a couple days ago tell your best friend u like her and if he gets mad he likes her and u need to back off also the girl may know u like her so ask her friends also dont be shy on a first date

Best Answer

If you want to stay friends with him more than you want to get with the girl, tell him. If not, become better friends with her than you are with him and feign ignorance when he complains that he liked her. <br />
Friendships and relationships come and go regardless, just prioritise which you think you'll get more out of.

Best Answer

let the girl know you like her and let things play their course...........how good of friends ARE you ?? i mean are you good enough to share this girl ???

Best Answer

I would be uncomfortable sharing the girl, which is a problem.

Best Answer

Well leave it be, "bros b4 hoes".

Best Answer

That is offensive like really u better hope no one on here knows where u live

Best Answer

Well... I've been there before, but i was that girl.<br />
There are 2 friends who like me... And i have a crush on one of them, but the one i have a crush on gave up on me for his friend... And he put their friendship first. But u should tell that a girl the truth and let HER chose maybe she likes one of you.. So your friendship don't get ruined.

Best Answer