try something new are you into bingo go to nyour local college and take a short course like pottery ,cooking places where you can make a connection with someone else volunteer you get what i'm saying.

Best Answer

Thanks- good ideas!

Best Answer

im 51, lost my best female friend to cancer 4 years agao - just recently lost my male best friend / soulmate to another - i have no children - so youve just made one more friend than you had 5 mins ago x

Best Answer

Children are a great way to meet people. They have sports they play, clubs, friends etc...The schools always have functions and need volunteers to help with fundraisers. There are scrap-booking and other groups like that that meet in a lot of communities. Most of my friends are former co-workers.

Best Answer

Thanks - just find it difficult to trust new people. Love and hugs momamoo

Best Answer

Trust is difficult at first but if you don't get out there and try, you will miss out on so much. I am 50 too, with kids at home starting over, so I have an idea of what you are facing.

Best Answer

Be kind and smile and give to others freely with an open mind and a generous heart you can't go wrong ,you and your son , My kids keep me younger.

Best Answer

Very true thanks!

Best Answer

get on one of those web boards for moms with kids and then see if you can find people in your area to meet up with playdate for the kids. then while kids play you can talk with the parents. Or book club or maybe a Lions club or Kiwanis? not really sure but I bet you can do it!

Best Answer

you already have friends, i'm sure ..... try reconnecting to those you might like to talk to again .....sorry bout your friend ,,, but you have more than you might relize,, that i'm sure of.<br />
how young is your child ?? you didn't say and that could make some differences on my input ,,,,, join activities with/for your child ,, you can meet alot of other parents that way ,, if you work outside the home,, you probably have some co-employees that find you interesting enough to 'forward' a friendship ,,,,,good luck ,, i'm sure you can find many ways of not being lonely if you try.

Best Answer

join a club of some kind, I used to attend a rock and mineral club and loved it, but there's all kinds of clubs, pick something your child might be interested in

Best Answer

I agree, opening up new 'social occasions' is the best way to meet people you have things in common with

Best Answer

Just go somewhere nice and comfortable such as the gym, library, etc. Find a job or volunteer in some local community program. Either way, you should make friends. <br />
Staying home and raising your child alone is not going to help you make new friends. I do know that ba<x>sed on my experience.

Best Answer

My uncle died a few years ago and my auntie started doing a few days a week unpaid work at a charity shop, and now she is busy and have made quite a few new friends.

Best Answer