A few months ago I told my friend I like her and she freaked out. I tried talking to her about it but she just keeps pushing me away.
TheDarknessFeelsSoWrong TheDarknessFeelsSoWrong 16-17, F 7 Answers Nov 20, 2011

Best friends don't reject you. That is the definition of BEST friend. Moving on. Now, did you tell her you LIKED her, liked her? Or just that you liked her as a friend? If the first, maybe she just wasn't ready to deal with that. You are very young, and she may be worried that you won't respect her boundaries. See if you can reassure her that you will respect any boundaries she sets and that you didn't mean to freak her out. Otherwise, chalk it up to experience and find a new friend who will be more ready to accept you as you are. I'm sorry, but sometimes we lose those we thought we could never lose. Not nice, but it happens.

Best Answer

I never thought she would reject me like this but like one of my other friends says she doesn't handel this stuff well. Plus she is straight and I'm not so that will always make her uncomfortable.

Best Answer

Plus she is the best friend I have.

Best Answer

Sometimes some things are just not meant to be, and you have to deal with that and move on as best you can. If you are not straight then why would you like her like her in that way??? That would make you bisexual if that's the case and not actually gay. Which if she knows your gay and you're saying you like her like her in that way then yeah it probably would freak her out a tad! Surely though you can still be friends, if you are best friends after all? Best friends don't tend to stop being friends, but they can fall out very very bad sometimes, but it is usually only because they are that close, and you tend to fall out more with the people that you love the most, so they say, and so I know, but, she probably just needs a little time to come to terms with things, think how she feels about you? Maybe she's confused? Maybe then wasn't the right time to tell her that..dunno..but if you're really best friends and she doesn't like you like you in that way then can you not accept that and still be best friends with her?

Best Answer

Let go. It wasn't meant to be. Sorry, but life is full of these owies... sometimes you are the dumped, sometimes, you are the dumpee. Take a philosophical view of things and recognize it is one of the down sides of being human.

Best Answer

Rejecting you how? shut down the friendship its not worth all the stress.

Best Answer

leave her for a while till she calms down ......The more you pursue the issue the more she will avoid it. See if in time you can get back to being friends.

Best Answer

Give her time. She has to get over the shock and when she misses your friendship she will reach out.

Best Answer