My best friend and I are extremely close, we see each other almost every day and we usually call or text each other non stop when we're apart. We tell each other everything, and we have always been there for each other. But suddenly out of nowhere, he's become very distant with me. He doesn't call or text, or respond when I try to contact him. I saw him the past few days but it was only because his sister who I'm also good friends with, invited me to their family christmas get together. He barely spoke to me and when he did, it was as if I were someone he barely knew. I'm not sure if maybe he's just sick of me or if I did something to push him away. I'm confused and I have no idea how to handle this.
KingofHearts11 KingofHearts11 22-25, M 14 Answers Dec 28, 2009

He's probably going through a 'thinking about life period'. Maybe he just needs some space. He probably just needs some time to himself and might want to make other friends, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever. Just lay low for a couple of days. Don't text, call, or whatever for a while. Let him be the next one to call you. If it's really bugging you and he just kind of drops it all together, just ask him if everything is ok with him... because he doesn't seem to be himself lately. There could be something else going on, and maybe he doesn't want anyone to know. You never know, maybe there's something else and you might prevent a suicide. Whatever you do... don't sound like your blaming him and try not to come across as being clingy... just be kind of non-challant about it. It'll work out fine.

Best Answer

I'm going to be real with you cause I have the same problem.I'm a guy & my dog act like I don't exist. Out of nowhere he started not texting back or calling. The way I see it, if you're somebody's friend there's responsibilities in friendship like returning calls & text messages. To see if you're still alive. Or to see if you're doing alright. I was on fb for awhile & saw him talking to his other friend saying he wasn't home when he came by, now this suppose to be friend told me he was soooo busy. Bullshit it doesn't take even a minute to call & check on somebody. Hell its been 3 months & I still haven't heard from the duche bag. He was suppose to call me back. But never didn't so I said **** him. The only time he really called now that I think about it was whenever he wanted to vent or ask me a question. It took me awhile to see this of course. Bottom line loyalty is hard to find or come by. He proved he wasn't loyal as a friend. Its been times I really needed to talk & he wasn't there but whenever he needed me I was there. I take it as a lesson learned in life. Sometimes best friends become strangers. But back to you, on a real note it sounds like you're friend is adickhead an ******* & very selfish not to return you're call. Just because a person is going through things shouldn't mean they should close you out, cause that's exactly what it sounds like. Tell me this, this is a hypothetical question too, but have you ever went through something & shut them out? Probrably not right. You held you're end to the bargain. Hell we all go through things in life.so that's no excuse to not be a friend. A real friend. Some people are just ******** at the end of the day. & when a person shows their true colors, its time to let they *** go! Don't let it happen again or its shame on you. I really hope this answer helps you out. Good question by the way

Best Answer

Something else..thinking life period my ***. I've read all the other comments & replies & most of them is bull. Sounds like theyyre taking you're friends side. They're making excuses for your friend. Well lemme tell you, its no excuse. Like I said if you're claiming to be someones friend, when you're going through something or whatever, you should still hold your end of the bargain. Since when does 'going through tough times excuse you from checking on your best friend? Really..a best friend suppose to be as close as a brother.they're suppose to be there for you. That's the whole purpose of a friend. If not, that's no friend I would want. Good luck

Best Answer

If the friendship means alot to your friend, they will find a way to tell you because they don't want to lose you. If your not important enough for them to tell you
then they've taken the friendship for granted and don't really deserve your friendship. Aren't you worth an explanation? Even the shyest person will express
themselves to you if your friendship means something to them. If they can't tell
you and give you the chance to mend it, move on and feel pity for them that they
lost your friendship.

Best Answer

Maybe he is feeling down. Don't let him forget you are his friend. Sometimes people will drift away.

Best Answer

If you guys were close then it may be a good idea to just ask him if everything is alright. If he continues to push you away when you ask him if you did something wrong, or just in general what's going on his life, then you should give him some space and time and hope things heal themselves. Good luck.

Best Answer

There needs to be communication between you, to find out with any certainty what has changed his attitude... It may be a misinterpretation of something you said or did (which you could clear up for him), or maybe some gossip from someone else about you that he has taken on board. Or it may be something that has suddenly dawned on him about your and his relationship.<br />
Perhaps tactfully mention that you've noticed the change and would like to know what it was that caused it. Whatever it was, try not to be highly reactive to it - instead, think it through and allow him to have his freedom without being tied down. If it is possible for him to "come round", await that time with patience and positive thoughts...

Best Answer

You should really ask him. <br />
Could it be that this has to do with your sexual orientation? <br />
Is he affected by this?<br />
Could it be that he's just tired of you?<br />
Or maybe he's just going through something that he does not want to talk about yet? <br />
Try to know by speaking to him. <br />
If he pushes you away then at least you know you tried everything...

Best Answer

If he do this, it is mean, he think about you, He may be understood, that you want to become girlfriend him. i write this, because, i did this.<br />
I belived that my friend is just friend. But when she invite me to own home. i vizited her home. And when we came to our academy, I strart understend some think, and we just tell about this. I must said very hard was start to speak. When we tell, next week we just say each other "hey", and then next week we very good talk about any think)) Thank you

Best Answer

Could try sending him a travel warrant.

Best Answer

I would ask him face to face, give him the opportunity to say what he needs to say <br />
hope it goes well for you mate.

Best Answer

All of the above are good answers pretty much what I was gonna say, so ditto. <br />
Peace& Love <br />
Kungfusquid

Best Answer

This is a touchy situation Talk to him and ask what is wrong. If he pushes you away... then you have to just accept this. Maybe he will explain. Maybe not. Move on no matter what.

Best Answer

I would talk to him and express my concern and how I am feeling. If I couldn't do that (for whatever reason), I would just continue to make yourself emotionally available to your friend, that seems like the most you could do in this situation.

Best Answer