Literaturegirl Literaturegirl 46-50, F 28 Answers Jul 8 in Community

Well it would not happen to me. I suppose you could have a word an tell them not to do it again or you will report them. I assume they will l eave you alone and you will avoid any drama.

Best Answer

I would have called the police and press charges.

Best Answer

It is certainly an abuse of position

Best Answer

It's beyond abuse of power. It is criminal behavior and if it is tolerated it gets worse. Been there. NO job is worth that.

Best Answer

Oh, I'm sorry this has happened to you too :( I certainly won't be tolerating it

Best Answer

It hasn't happened to me, but if it did I'd imagine my response would be pretty dependent on how cute he is.

Best Answer

Haha! However, he might be really cute, but also taking advantage of his position as your boss

Best Answer

Certainly. I don't think that would bother me so much, but I can see why it would bother others.

Best Answer

I have usually had Female bosses....in my line of work l have always been the one middle aged aged guy in a team of young women. They put me into the mix to bring 'balance' to the game. Because from the outside l have the veneer of 'total respectability and propriety'. Someone you could always trust to behave above board at all times. Thank God for hypocrites!

Best Answer

I would report it immediately. This is not acceptable.

Best Answer

I'd walk out and report it.

Best Answer

It never happened to me, and if it did, I would call him ******.<br />
Bosses hitting on personnel are usually irresponsible persons, and would never admit openly. So be careful LG!

Best Answer

And if your boss had been a woman, how might you have felt? I think this boss is irresponsible, and a hor*ny toad! Thanks, I will be careful

Best Answer

i would be worried as he is a 65 year old man

Best Answer

Hahaha :) Maybe he'll leave you alone then, lucky for you! ;)

Best Answer

hopefully lol, have you told him to back off?

Best Answer

Fingers crossed ;) I will be, yes and/or will avoid like the plague

Best Answer

It happened to me, he had a reputation for it too. I left the job for other reasons but it was a big relief. Yes, I freaked out.

Best Answer

Aww Sorry this has also happened to you! I think it can be a hazard of the workplace. Phew that you were able to leave the job, move on. I feel freaked out, and creeped out!!

Best Answer

They are generally repeat offenders.

Best Answer

Yes, I think you're right. I doubt I'm the only woman at work he has hit on

Best Answer

Generally people keep it to themselves, and once one finally speaks out, they realise they're not alone.

Best Answer

Ah yes, great point! How true I think. Could be if I were to speak out others would come forward. I feel so disappointed in this man

Best Answer

Make sure you're talking to people you can trust.

Best Answer

Another good point. I am aware some higher up the hierarchy are not at all trustworthy

Best Answer

I've only ever had one woman boss, and I'd have run like mad........

Best Answer

I've felt like running like mad! ;)

Best Answer

Ugh. It's happened to me and best way is to handle it quickly. Don't let it go like I did. Make it clear the advance(s) were unwelcome and clearly state that you were made to feel uncomfortable. Your call if you report it. I allowed the sexual harassment in my case to continue and escalate for nearly two years before the environment became very hostile and it started to really affect me. I'd never allow it to go on again. I've been harassed at every job except my very first part-time summer job as a kid. Ugh. You are entitled to work in an environment free from sexual harassment. The key is to make sure you make it clear that the advances are unwelcome. Your workplace should make sexual harassment education mandatory for all employees and if you have any kind of an Employee Assistance Program, you might consider speaking to someone in confidence. If things escalate, God forbid, you can explain what happened and how you handled it. Take care of yourself. Grr. I hate that this happens to people! (((hugs)))

Best Answer

I'm sorry to learn this has happened to you, and also that it continued and had such adverse effects too. I'm just shocked, and that this boss has seemingly misread things. I felt upset and uncomfortable. We'd got on well, and I am surprised too that he has done this - as it does show a lack of respect for me imho. I am going to make it clear to my this man that these advances are indeed unwelcome. (((Hugs))) !

Best Answer

My nephew had a problem like it about four years ago. When a woman he worked with came on to him, because he didn't respond, she turned really nasty and made his life a misery. I can't remember now the outcome, but he eventually changed his job....

Best Answer

It's really wrong (understatement and goes without saying) that someone has to leave a job because they have been se*xually harassed

Best Answer

never had that happen with a boss, but an EP friend was hitting on me repeatedly but I didn't know it..that is until she told me!! LOL...it was flattering

Best Answer

Ah well, being hit on by an EP friend is very different I think! :)

Best Answer

Please explain why it's different? I'd like your opinion..

Best Answer

The advances from you friend are maybe welcomed, and it shows she likes you. You are equal. In what has happened to me, this is a boss and we are not equals. It shows a lack of respect for me as a woman in the workplace. had he taken me for dinner, shown that kind of interest that would have been different. But to make se*xual moves on me at work is not OK at all

Best Answer

Thank you for your explanation...obviously, I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff....

Best Answer

Wow, so many companies have become very conscious of that problem and have set forth very strict rules to eliminate even the appearance of that happening. Maybe warn him/her that you don't do that...if it happens again, report it to his/her boss?

Best Answer

Yes, that's true that se*xual harassment is now indeed seen as unacceptable behavior. My first instinct has been just to avoid him, but I am unhappy he has thought it OK to hit on me too

Best Answer

take it easy n go on doing my job

Best Answer

If My boss hit on me , i would , Tap That Azz , HARD

Best Answer

She and I bought a house and have two kids! :D

Best Answer

Haha great! ;)

Best Answer

But seriously, if you're uncomfortable with it, just make it clear that you're not interested, and continue to act in a professional manner. If he keeps being inappropriate, express yourself in firmer terms and let him know you'd "rather not have to bring anyone else into it" but you will if needed. Then if you have to, discuss it with HR, his superior, or another person at the same level who you know will be discreet about it. Tread carefully and keep a timeline. Document the time and place of every incident, who else was there as well as what occurred, in purely factual terms. Recruit a co-worker or several (if they're trustworthy) who can verify your claims. Companies take this VERY seriously and he knows it, so it shouldn't take much to shut him down, but if you need to escalate, be prepared.

Best Answer

Many thanks for your advice. And you're right, he does know it

Best Answer

You're welcome. Of course, now I'm thinking you must be a hottie to have this kind of problem... :P

Best Answer

It's happened to me<br />
I laughed it off

Best Answer

Maybe I will try to do the same :)

Best Answer

called the cops and my lawyer. make the dirtbag pay for his sliminess.

Best Answer

It is slimy, but not sure I'd want all the ensuing drama!

Best Answer

ok, take a med and chill then, sheesh.

Best Answer

Look, take your slimy attitude and shove it. My own response was not serious. Take your own meds

Best Answer

nope she did not hit on me.

Best Answer

Well, good! :)

Best Answer

Few clean, clear and straight sentence of your self proud, self respected women. He will never gonna exceed. No need to be polite here :P

Best Answer