Literaturegirl Literaturegirl 46-50, F 28 Answers Jul 8, 2014 in Community

I would have called the police and press charges.

Best Answer

It is certainly an abuse of position

Best Answer

It's beyond abuse of power. It is criminal behavior and if it is tolerated it gets worse. Been there. NO job is worth that.

Best Answer

Oh, I'm sorry this has happened to you too :( I certainly won't be tolerating it

Best Answer

It hasn't happened to me, but if it did I'd imagine my response would be pretty dependent on how cute he is.

Best Answer

Haha! However, he might be really cute, but also taking advantage of his position as your boss

Best Answer

Certainly. I don't think that would bother me so much, but I can see why it would bother others.

Best Answer

I have usually had Female bosses....in my line of work l have always been the one middle aged aged guy in a team of young women. They put me into the mix to bring 'balance' to the game. Because from the outside l have the veneer of 'total respectability and propriety'. Someone you could always trust to behave above board at all times. Thank God for hypocrites!

Best Answer

I would report it immediately. This is not acceptable.

Best Answer

I'd walk out and report it.

Best Answer

It never happened to me, and if it did, I would call him ******.<br />
Bosses hitting on personnel are usually irresponsible persons, and would never admit openly. So be careful LG!

Best Answer

And if your boss had been a woman, how might you have felt? I think this boss is irresponsible, and a hor*ny toad! Thanks, I will be careful

Best Answer

i would be worried as he is a 65 year old man

Best Answer

Hahaha :) Maybe he'll leave you alone then, lucky for you! ;)

Best Answer

hopefully lol, have you told him to back off?

Best Answer

Fingers crossed ;) I will be, yes and/or will avoid like the plague

Best Answer

It happened to me, he had a reputation for it too. I left the job for other reasons but it was a big relief. Yes, I freaked out.

Best Answer

Aww Sorry this has also happened to you! I think it can be a hazard of the workplace. Phew that you were able to leave the job, move on. I feel freaked out, and creeped out!!

Best Answer

They are generally repeat offenders.

Best Answer

Yes, I think you're right. I doubt I'm the only woman at work he has hit on

Best Answer

Generally people keep it to themselves, and once one finally speaks out, they realise they're not alone.

Best Answer

Ah yes, great point! How true I think. Could be if I were to speak out others would come forward. I feel so disappointed in this man

Best Answer

Make sure you're talking to people you can trust.

Best Answer

Another good point. I am aware some higher up the hierarchy are not at all trustworthy

Best Answer

take it easy n go on doing my job

Best Answer

If My boss hit on me , i would , Tap That Azz , HARD

Best Answer

She and I bought a house and have two kids! :D

Best Answer

Haha great! ;)

Best Answer

But seriously, if you're uncomfortable with it, just make it clear that you're not interested, and continue to act in a professional manner. If he keeps being inappropriate, express yourself in firmer terms and let him know you'd "rather not have to bring anyone else into it" but you will if needed. Then if you have to, discuss it with HR, his superior, or another person at the same level who you know will be discreet about it. Tread carefully and keep a timeline. Document the time and place of every incident, who else was there as well as what occurred, in purely factual terms. Recruit a co-worker or several (if they're trustworthy) who can verify your claims. Companies take this VERY seriously and he knows it, so it shouldn't take much to shut him down, but if you need to escalate, be prepared.

Best Answer

Many thanks for your advice. And you're right, he does know it

Best Answer

You're welcome. Of course, now I'm thinking you must be a hottie to have this kind of problem... :P

Best Answer

It's happened to me<br />
I laughed it off

Best Answer

Maybe I will try to do the same :)

Best Answer

called the cops and my lawyer. make the dirtbag pay for his sliminess.

Best Answer

It is slimy, but not sure I'd want all the ensuing drama!

Best Answer

ok, take a med and chill then, sheesh.

Best Answer

Look, take your slimy attitude and shove it. My own response was not serious. Take your own meds

Best Answer

nope she did not hit on me.

Best Answer

Well, good! :)

Best Answer

Few clean, clear and straight sentence of your self proud, self respected women. He will never gonna exceed. No need to be polite here :P

Best Answer

If its female boss: I would smile, and slap her ***<br />
If its Male boss: I would say, I m straight, nothing will progress!

Best Answer

*if

Best Answer

The *if was not an answer to you (as I've answered to your other response) but a correction of my typo on the question

Best Answer