She called me a f.. liar when I told her he and I were getting married just today, Now, he and talked tonight and decided to get married as soon as possible. How do I delicately tell her it really is going to happen most likely in September?
Bamacatgirl Bamacatgirl 61-65, F 9 Answers Jun 12, 2011

hmmmmm..... first being that your daughter is an 'adult' and this is about 'your' upcoming marriage- you have every right to be ALL about you.... sighs... And whether she chooses to believe or not is up to her until the 'reality' sets in.<br />
You've all ready told her that you are getting married. Now, just reinforce that when the wonderful day gets closer. Especially as you begin planning the events. No matter how grandiose or how quaint they are- it's about you and your 'big' day. <br />
Congratulations! Enjoy this time and have fun with it! Attempt to include your daughter in any of the planning you would love to...and if she's reluctant, let her be... and go on... don't let anyone or anything rain on your plans or your day!

Best Answer

Why don't you wait a little bit until she has calmed down to let her know? If it is not until September, you have plenty of time to tell her. Congratulations by the way!

Best Answer

As you say your daughter is an adult, and assuming that she does not live with you, then you just tell her. I sorta get the feeling that you don't have a great relationship with her....just an assumption. It is really not any of her business, or at least she should not make it her business.

Best Answer

just be honest and tell her,,,,, your future husband can be a friend for her adult kids don,t want to have a dad.they would rather think of your new husband as a friend and then they would be happy for you that you found love once more.

Best Answer

As you say your daughter is an adult, has she really got anything to hold against him or just not wanting you to marry but the choice is yours as hers would be hers.

Best Answer

"Remember how I told you to do as I say and not do as I do? Well... In one month, I'll be doing another thing that you shouldn't do."<br />
That's how my mom told me. Hahahaha. But in all honesty, just sit down with her and be serious about it.

Best Answer

You've already told her. It might sink in once she sees the planning.

Best Answer

If your goal is the live the rest of your life without seeing your daughter, you're doing a terrific job of it. If you want her in your life, start acting like a grown-up and STF down. You are obviously all about you, your feelings, your wants, your needs, and it shows...

Best Answer