i've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months, & he's been my bestfriend since i was 12 but lately, i've been getting really annoyed because he doesn't chew with his mouth closed..it's to the point where i can't even enjoy a meal with him because i am so annoyed i just want to freak out! what should i do? also, another detail i forgot to add is that he doesn't just have bad manners, he is slightly autistic, so he sometimes doesn't realize he's doing certain things. that's why i'm struggling with it, i don't want to be a jerk. ):
MizzMasochist MizzMasochist 18-21, F 31 Answers Jan 31, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Throw peanuts or popcorn in his mouth. Continue this until he gets the hint.

Best Answer

If you have been around each other for so long, he shouldn't be offended if you just tell him.

Best Answer

Some people can't breathe through their nose very well, a problem I have. You have to be conscious of it all the time and when you're eating take small bites so you don't have to chew for very long. You don't think about it, you start chewing and you open your mouth because you're breathing is strained. I never thought about it when I was young until I was told.

Best Answer

my ex had reaaaaaaaaaally bad breath. you will live.

Best Answer

Stop feeding him . . . .

Best Answer

Dangerous ground! you want to turn into his mother?<br />
that will kill romance faster then a NY min. BUT if it really bugs you, you can put a mirror infront of him while he eats see if he gets it. and yea its GROSS!!! and lip smacking while the feed!

Best Answer

It's a nasty habit,and you need to say something,in a way that he won't think that you are making a big thing out of it.Maybe smile and say something like "Hey,close your mouth",or tell him that he is spitting out little bits of food,even if he really isn't.You may have to repeat the message a few times,but if he likes and respects you,he will pay attention to it.

Best Answer

Seriously, you can train someone out of that ****. You can't change people, but you can change disgusting stuff like that with enough practised coercion.

Best Answer

a girlfriend who was raised in a household of 8 people that you can love a person but find something they do to irritate you. there maybe something that you do that he donesnt like.

Best Answer

huh?? the first sentence was confusing, but then again, maybe I am just tired...

Best Answer

Freak out? Why are you debating what to do when you just tell him to cut the **** or you can't stand to eat with him. It ain't a big request...

Best Answer

Stick your finger in his mouth while hes doing it that is annoying!

Best Answer

Say to him "Close your mouth so you don't sound like a frcccing pig or I'll knock your frcccing teeth out".

Best Answer

Slap him in the mouth every time you see him doing it.

Best Answer

sit down once and for all and tell him exactly how it bothers you, if that fails walk behind him and a few good smacks back of the head might help him to remember.

Best Answer

He's your boyfriend, communicate with him.

Best Answer

Maybe you should tell him?

Best Answer

tell him, not to do.

Best Answer