So my boyfriend just got arrested last night. So here's the story, my boyfriend left my house with his cousin ad before they left his cousin went and had a cigarette out side then they left to go get food and before the got to the place a cop pulled them over but they wernt speeding or doing anything wrong. His cousin was the one that was driving and my boyfriend never had a cigarette at all. well the cop smelled smoke in the car and asked them to get out of the car and they took a test and the cop said they were under the influence and they got arrested. The only problem is that my boyfriend didn't smoke and his cousin is 30 years old and was not smoking in the car so why did they get arrested and the cop pulled them over for suspicion and they can't do that. So Is there like a law about smoking before u drive. So now I just found out that the cop pulled them over because their black. The cop made a prejudice remark saying that black people are always getting into trouble. Do you think they got pulled over because they were black?
Divalf124 Divalf124 22-25, F 16 Answers Aug 4, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Story section...not a question.

Best Answer

The question is why did they get arrested when all his cousin did was have a cigarette before they left?

Best Answer

If by cigarettes you mean weed?

Best Answer

Nope just cigarettes

Best Answer

i dont know then. They say they dont have dui quoras, but i think they must, and they come up with ridiculous reasons to arrest people.

Best Answer

um no....obviously you don't know the full story

Best Answer

Something smells rotten and it not a Marlboro. Maybe a weed loaded Viceroy?

Best Answer

It does sound like racial profiling. Sounds like a 1/2 way decent lawyer could get the charges dropped. May even have a civil suit against the police.

Best Answer

Your boyfriend was pulled over 'on suspicion' and was doing nothing suspect? And he's black?<br />
Yeah, that's what we call racial profiling.

Best Answer

Thank you! Can't he go to court for that??

Best Answer

I'm no legal expert but this sounds suspicious enough to get the charges dropped if he presses it. But that's what lawyers are for. Hope he gets out alright. ******* cops.

Best Answer

You have a question mark at the end of your title. Are you asking us? Don't you know, I didn't read the rest of your drivel given the quality of your title. It would just be dribble.

Best Answer

Just read the details

Best Answer

If this is a pot issue then if they found a pipe, pot, roach clip Ect. and no one admitted to it being theirs they tend to take and try and charge all passengers. If this is the issue he can get out of it easily so long as it is not a large amount of pot.

Best Answer

There's something missing here. Either your boyfriend and his cousin were smoking something other than tobacco,( ie: WEED) or the cop in question is totally fabricating what actually happened. People don't get arrested for being "Under the Influence" of tobacco. :-)

Best Answer

They wernt smoking weed tho I was there when he had tobacco

Best Answer

So, what kind of cigarette was it? Under the influence of what? We are not getting the whole story here.

Best Answer

His cousin had a cigarette before they left it wasn't weed and when they got pulled over the cop wanted them to do a test and he said they were under the influence and got arrested

Best Answer

influence of what?????

Best Answer

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that your boyfriend and his cousin were very likely smoking.....wait for it.............................................................................................................................WEED! :-)

Best Answer

That's what I said!! All he did was have a ciggarette

Best Answer