he's never done this before i don't know how to react we've been together for 3 years i don't know what came over him its my fault i shouldn't have pushed him.I'm shocked right now but he apologized.
girlpowers girlpowers 18-21, F 134 Answers May 22, 2011

I HATE 'MEN' WHO HIT WOMEN! - Those against domestic violence. Real men dont hit

Best Answer

It's never your fault ok , he'll only get worse and the longer you stay the more he will kill your self esteem and soul .

Mine didn't start till around 3 years in .

It's not love , he doesn't love you .

Best Answer

he's never done this , he loves me ,he always takes care of me i pushed him.

Best Answer

Leave her alone thats a bunch of bull!!! He dose love her and thats just how he express's it! GOT IT!!!! She's fine.

Best Answer

men should respect women according to the word of the lord

Best Answer

but then he would say what about forgiveness? doesn't Christ preach forgiveness too?

Best Answer

The boy friend need someone to teach him a lesson with a base ball bat! One he will never forget!

Best Answer

I believe you are correct with your assessment of why males may lash out….however, the cultures that ‘punish’ women with beatings should not be accepted in ANY way shape or form, not just in ‘our’ society. Perhaps men who beat women (or men, for that matter) should have their compulsion beaten out of them….then, they can associate the pain they inflict with the pain response they receive.

Best Answer

My own rule is 'the first hit is the last'.

Pack up and walk away - he's shown you his true colours, and they're not very pleasing ones

Best Answer

you need to leave him asap it might be just once now but it will happen again and he will say the same i dint mean to hurt u or u made me. and he will more than lkely twist it to make it feel like it is your fault for getting hurt. im telling this cuz i was hitting serveal too many times i know how the cycle works. please take my advice and leave tell ur mom tell ur friend get support. just leave No man should ever raise his hands to a wonman ever. i hope u get out soon . much love

Best Answer

He swore he would never do it again he even paid for me to get stitched up and said he was mad at himself for doing it.

Best Answer

You stay with him to your own peril. You should leave that piece of trash and find a guy who will love you with all his heart and protect you love you and treat you like the princess you ought to be treated. Dont stay with some one who is happy to bash you.

Best Answer

...STITCHED UP? holy shitballs woman - why are you still with him?

Best Answer

Hit him back twice as hard if he persists.

Best Answer

I wish I were that easy. I understand girlpowers predicament. I was sitting down calmly when i got slapped three times across the face. Guys are much stronger than women. If a woman would try to retaliate, you'd just get that much more hurt.

Best Answer

*Ahem* The last guy who tried to hit me broke his hand on my head.

Best Answer

Okay then, you need to rephrase that and say "My NOW EX- BOYFRIEND hit me". My advice is walk away and don't look back. When a person resorts to physical violence, that is a clue how you guys are going to handle disagreements every time.

Best Answer

he's never done it before he snapped.i was pushing him i didn't think he was capable of doing that.we've been together for 3 years.

Best Answer

Wake up, you are being foolish, leave him.

Best Answer

Don't go blaming yourself for his hitting you. Mom pushes Dad in ways you can only imagine and he has never ever ever resorted to hitting her. The worst he has done is walk out the door to blow steam off.

Best Answer

Uh-oh. You're playing the role already by saying it was your fault, expect it to happen again. You can't make someone react unless they want to in the first place. If you weren't threatening his life with actual physical/mortal danger, he has no excuse. He needs to grow up and control his tantrums. Listen to everyone; you're better off without him. At least step back from the relationship and just be friends (for a long while).

Best Answer

he's never done it before , i took everyone's advice and warned him that if he touched me again , i would leave.He said he was sorry and started crying and swore to me.

Best Answer

Listen I have heard that one before as well. I am gay and have seen this go on in several gay relationships too. Men who bash are trash! Leave him before its too late, you can do better.

Best Answer

Woman or wife beating is in the genes. Not all men beat women or would beat a women but there are men out there who have no control and need medical help

Best Answer

First off Before everyone starts going on about men shouldnt hit women blah blah blah. You know who you are tex... I dont believe he knows some of the women i know. if he hits you just for pushing his buttons he has a anger issue.and it will happen again if you provoke it..If you are fighting with him and you slap him best thing for him to do is walk it off if you dont let him walk it off and continue to push im sure he will hit you again...best thing to do is step back and ask yourself do you want this? Im sick of these doucebags that get on and say a real man dont hit women Blah Blah Blah Like by saying that puts a superman cape on him and he will scoop you up and save you from your boyfriend.There are some real ******** out there its you that has to figure out if he is one of them . And if he is You got to assure yourself that you deserve better and find it .

Peace Shimmeringblack

Best Answer

Awwwwwww! Your engaged thats always fun! I mean im way too young but you know what i mean. Well... I think you should keep going out together. You both really love each other. I bet you two will have alot of fun! So i say go for him! Just watch his temper now in then to make sure what days are for play and what days are not. I hope you have a great wedding in December!!!! Remember though if he does hit you again and its not a good reason and even if its 20 years away HIT HIM BACK IN THE NOSE! Thats only if he hits you for no reason.

Have a good wedding!

P.S. People!!!! If you think boys are stronger than girls think again! Im in middle school and im the strogest one there. Oh look im a girl! So stop making exuses about boys being stronger than girls because its just a threat and girls think its real. But its not!! There too scared to fight back!

Best Answer

First of all, I hope you learn and the poster learns that there is NEVER a good reason to hit someone else. No man or woman, boy or girl have a right to lay their hands on another in anger with the intention of hurting or control. I hope that many in your generation don't see that as acceptable. That would break my heart. Love isn't about punishing or controling. It's about respect and souls.
And sorry to say, but in middle school...girls and boys may be similar, but when you get older and you weigh 120 lbs and you have a man that is over 200 lbs slamming down on you....it's not hype. What you need is to never put yourself in a situation where you put yourself with a man who would even consider hitting a woman. NOT EVEN ONCE. Just as he should expect you to never hit him even once. This gets so much more true, when you have little children who are watching and learning. Life changes as life stages change. As far as the wedding...I think I'd wait a bit, until trust could be earned again, if at all. Weddings are just weddings...what's cool are marriages that make you feel all safe, loved and warm. Blessed Be!

Best Answer

WHAT AN *******?!?!? Real men don't hit women! It's not your fault!

Best Answer

so you had to go to the hospital what did they say they most of ask what happen? so I guess you lied to them.You should have told us every thing from the beginning now that I reed all the remarkes and your answers It looks like you got your wait up call and did nothing about it.How old are you? Has this happened before with someone else.What would you tell your girlfriend if she told you she was hit? I think you need a good spanking and I mean a spanking(not a beating) for lying to the doctorswhat did you tell them and what have you done about it. you should find someone to talk to this is not the place because you will go nuts with all the answers. you need to go away or even go home for awhile and talk to your parents and think about it. I am sorry i was harsh with you but what I see is that you are blaming yourself not the right person and he is thinking he got away with it.

Best Answer

if he hit you while you are just dating, it is the symptom of much worse to come. try getting him counsling and evaluation. otherwise, leave before you get married and he hurts you and it is hard to go through a divorce.

I won't say there is never a reason for a man to hit a woman, but if you weren't threating your own life or someone else's, I can't think of a reason he could have.

Best Answer

I fully agree with Alittlehappier's answer. I also have an ex that pushed every button she could find, she cheated, lied goaded me, but I never crossed that line. It wasn't until after we split up that i realized that she had been beaten when growing up. Somehow she associated being abused in that way with love.

From your question, i don't think that is your case. Please for your own sake leave him and never look back. Once it has happened, it will happen again and with increasing frequency. nobody should live like that. You think it was your fault? perhaps you made him mad but there is NO excuse for physical, mental or verbal abuse. Certainly there will be disagreements (fights) but if they degrade to that level then it is way too dangerous to stay together. Again get out NOW!!! Please!

If not for yourself, what if you have a kid together? is that the right environment for a child to be in?

You deserve and will have better.

Best Answer

Sorry, i have to be honest after this event your relationship will never be the same again. Its time to move on, better now than after getting married and getting kids. Right?

Best Answer

Bateu como??? Seja mais clara!!!!

Best Answer

Well it's never your fault i don't care what anyone says i've been there done that before i hate to tell you this but once they hit you it usually will happen again even if they say their sorry. IT'S A PROBLEM that some men have and they don't think it's a problem and us women think it's alway's our fault and it will not happen again but it's really hard intill you are in that situation but communication will be important if you do plan on leaving him really be sure it will be the hardest thing you do most important you need positive friends and family to help you threw it leave everything and start over if you have to i did never tell him your leavn if you leave pack a small bag stay with family and think about it and he can change his ways if he loves me i've also experience that to it is possible goodluck girl

Best Answer

I don't know why people here seem to want you to suffer, because any man who hits a woman is going to keep doing it and is going to keep getting worse.

If he EVER threatens you or lays a hand on you again, run away as fast as you can, because it WILL escalate until he's beating the crap out of you all the time. Anyone who's saying otherwise has no idea what it's like to live with domestic violence.

I know you love him but no amount of love will stop an abuser from abusing. I'm sure you both love each other very much but that has nothing to do with the fact that he hit you.

Best Answer

It doesn't matter how badly you pissed him off, if he truely loved you he wouldn't hit you. If you only pushed him there is no reason for him to get physical..& No offense your mother obviously is giving you horrible advice b/c a man who truely loves you will NEVER lay a hand on you to harm you in anyway. Walk away from that situation regardless of how much you care b/c i have seen so many relationships like that , that only get worse...

Best Answer