I went thru Bootcamp in 1986... My Kid went in 2000...... Here is my advice.... They need to focus, and remain positive... Do not write about anything that will make them "Wish they were there." or worry. <br />
Find his friends... and even if you have to place a pen and paper in front of them... make his friends write letters to.... Review the letters before sending them... again... you are writing to encourage him..... If you get a letter, read it and respond to the things it says in your next letter.... write often....

Best Answer

Good Luck, He will come home a completely different person than he was when you last "knew" him. Letters and all the I miss you's don't matter anymore as it is drilled into a recruit to kill, forget suzy rottencrotch back home and basically they are taught to hate, cruel as it may be, it's true. We , as a former recruit and now a vet wish that the military spent as much time getting their veternas ready to leave the military life and return to civilian life as they did brainwashing us in bootcamp and making us change our thought, our minds, the way we treated peoe before and after. Sure we look good in our uniform, but all in all our minds are different. We care more about ourselves and tradition in the military than we do about those we supposably love. It sucks that we put those other people in our lives thru so much turmoil. It inevitably ends in a rough and rocky divorce. Be smart and don't have kids involved. And if you do have kids, never stay together just for the sake of the kids as it will cause more trauma to the kids than you could ever imagine. Always allow for father and child time, don't keep him from that unless he becomes or is an abuser. Not all people are like that and are strong to a point, but remember, the military is taught to break down a person and train then to be killers and take complete charge, we don't put up with crap or take any either, so unfortunately we tend to carry that back home subconsciously and end up acting out that way as we have been drilled and taught to do.<br />
No offense to your boyfriend, he may be a very nice guy, and I hope this doesn't happen to you,,but be prepared is what I am saying. Depending on the branch of service and the training, he will come back being a hard *** or a *****. simple as that, Ask any USMC vet and they'll tell you the same. we are hardcore and won't put up with any BS from anyone, especially when the recruit just comes out of boot camp as they are so pumped up and full of adrenaline, and don't forget that if he was a drinker before or womanizer, be prepared for it to go into overdrive as the ladies love a man in uniform and we do have an ego problem after boot, that's a fact. I was married and kids at 17 and it destroyed my family completely. It took me many years of counseling and divorce, 15 years later, a life of not very fond memories and the loss of children, wife, family and friends in order to staighten out. I pray you do not ecome one of those stuck in the same situation and remember my words to you. I am 48 now and have gone through hell and back, Met my soulmate and married her and have 3 other children and we love life together. things happen for a reason, But I was young, dumb and horny and let too many things take control of my life and allowed my family to become destroyed because of my own stupidity. You be smart and let him do his own thing and watch how he changes. don't get hurt. If he truly loves you,.he won't change and will love you back as

Best Answer

Start looking for a new boy friend.

Best Answer

why??????

Best Answer

You need to get other people in your life like girl friends more than anything else. I was just kidding.

Best Answer

Mostly all my friends are the only support I have, I really don't have any support from my mom.

Best Answer

Most mothers are not going to help you if they never have. Don't sit around worring about you b/f. You have your own life so enjoy it to it's fullest. He is doing what he wants to do and that is get in the military.

Best Answer

Write letters every single day. He won't be able to give you his address for a few weeks, but write a letter every day and mail them all at once when you finally get his address. My BF said mail was the best part of the day, and everyone looked forward to it. He will be so happy to have a big stack of letters just for him. Send wallet-sized photos and news stories. You are his only outlet to the outside world for the next few months! As for you though, try to pick up a hobby or start a new book series. Find a long TV series on Netflix. Cook a lot of food. It's okay to cry; I probably cried every day, especially for the first few weeks. It was so hard. I missed him so much, and now he's home. I will never forget the feeling of getting a letter from him. We both still have every single one we received from each other.

Best Answer