We've been together for just two months,but he is all i ever wanted in a man.He got chosen to be in the Army recently and he just said last night that it was better to finish,that i needed someone who could be always there for me,a man who could meet my needs and that he wouldn't be able to do that.So he made the choice of finishing our relationship.I dont want another man,but he says he can't ask me to wait for him enddlesly,that i deserve better than that.What should i do?I dont want another man.I dont care about the wait.He says i dont even know how hard is gonna be.That he wont allow me to wait for him :'(
Yana1986 Yana1986 26-30, F 8 Answers Jun 8 in Dating & Relationships

My brother met a girl just before basic training. He said the same thing. Then, when he came back from one of his tours they met again. They are now married with 4 kids. They've been married for over 20 years.

Best Answer

If you're up for it you can show your commitment by waiting for him. Stay in touch and even after if you have to stay good friends. He'll come around if he sees you trying.

Best Answer

Thanks for the answers.I guess just time can tell.I could see that for him this was heart breaking;and i know what he means with always being there for me;as he has been by my side almost every day.But i guess just time can heal.Thanks again to each of you for the answers.

Best Answer

he's not interested in what you want or need. Think yourself lucky it's finished now and not with more time under your belt.

Best Answer

If he ended cut your losses he obviously sees no future with you

Best Answer

Well, it seems to me like his mind is made up. But if you want to pursue him, the only way to do so is to enlist. I can't recommend that as a good idea though.

Best Answer

He broke up with you, why do you still call him your boyfriend ? He is your ex.

Best Answer