My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly a year. He's become my rock- the one person that keeps me grounded and gives me the inspiration to continue moving forward. We came into our relationship knowing that he'd be joining the military (he signed in January, but doesn't ship to basic until December) and that I'd be leaving for college. I can't help but to be proud of him, but I'm worried about how to handle this seperation. Any advice??
evilandexpensive evilandexpensive 18-21, F 11 Answers Oct 11, 2009

You know, I feel the exact same way. Ive been with my bf for about a year n a half and he is leaving in 4 months.. I don't know how to deal with it either. It's going to be hard, but I try to be there for him and support him as much as I can. I feel really alone, everyone else is so stoked for him to leave, while I sit here and cry every time I think about it.. <br />
All I have figured out is to just stay faithful, have very good communication, and love each other insanely now and always. <br />
Maybe a promise ring could show all that? I don't really know either.. Wish I did. <br />
Wish you the best of luck.

Best Answer

I thought your article was really good. My name is Vince Stead, and I have my 2nd book called "Navy Sea Stories" just come out, it's only $2.99, and you can find it at Barnes & Noble or Amazon, here is a link to it:<br />
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Navy-Sea-Stories/Vince-Stead/e/2940012096012/?itm=6&USRI=vince+stead

Best Answer

just love him and be there when he needs you... what you are both doing is hard ... but be there for him when he gets back.... he will need a rock and... a soft place to land .... he needs to know you love him...

Best Answer

The best thing that you could do is to write a letter every day. This will boost his moral everyday during his training. The letter should have what you have done that day, what you plan to do tomorrow and what challenges you have encountered. If both your family is involved with the two of you any news from them are welcome. Last but not least is how you feel about him. Everything should be up beat and positive. Remember that this is only for three months max and then he goes into AIT which is Advance Individual Training in what every MOS he is assigned. That training could be between 6 to 24 months. Good luck and God Bless. If you need any more infor just write to me via whiteboard.

Best Answer

It could be worse, he could have screwed one of your best friends.

Best Answer

I hate you met someone special and now you have to be separated. There's no way to make it easy for either of you. I'd say to have a great time while you're together, and when he leaves plan to write letters. Letter writing is a thing of the past so revive the art. Look forward to his and think of "unusual care packages" that that you can send. Try using the right side of you brain and see if you can send things you draw for him. One day you make look back on this time with fond memories when you open that box you tucked way back in your closet with all the pictures, letters, cards, etc. that the two of you shared. He's very lucky to have someone special like you to hear from when he gets loney. Keep him up-to-date on whats going on here. Sent tapes-videos whatever. You'll miss one another, sure; but time passes by so fast that he's be home before you know it. Best of luck to both of you.

Best Answer

Try to keep busy

Best Answer

I'm very nervous.. And any suggestions with dealing and transitioning him being gone for so long?

Best Answer