I really don't know much about the military or what to expect. I know he'll be at basic training in Texas for about 8 weeks then he'll be in Florida for tech school. I'm so nervous and sad :( How do letters work? How many letters are they allowed to recieve? And when will he be able to use his phone?
jordynpilato jordynpilato 18-21, F 3 Answers Feb 3 in Military

Right him as much as you can. Receiving letters from loved ones is the best thing during basic training. Write often and include a small picture of yourswlf

Best Answer

Don't be shy sending letters. They will be great for him. They won't limit them either. However, don't seal them with lip marks, lipstick, etc. He will be mocked endlessly. Send him a few stamps to write back. Phone calls will be allowed after a period of time. Packages are OK, but don't send food items (cookies, etc) unless you send enough for everyone in his unit. He'll be fine while in training.

Best Answer

Back in '67, once the whole flight was present, we all went to the BX with a list of things to buy. One of the most important things was a stationery set, since we were told a letter home was mandatory that first night. Stamps were hard to find, so I was glad my recruiter told me to bring some. Don't know if that is still true, but stamps and a spare cheap pen might get you a few extra letters.

Best Answer

Good point about the pens. You really don't want to ask the company commander for anything,

Best Answer

i used to have a boy in basic..the guy i was with was in the marines so idk if there is any difference but he was in basic for about 3 months and i got about 7 letters but thats with losing my address and things..i sent multiple every week..hmmm…but anyway if you're gonna be a military girl/wife you gotta be strong girl…eventually hell be deployed and thats worse than basic…real **** goes down.

Best Answer