He showed me the flight details and all and I read the small print and saw that there is a weight limit, I am over the weight limit. I feel embarressed telling my boyfriend why I cant go on the trip. He loves me plus sized or not and has told me so. I am so embarressed by my weight and I cannot share the trip with him and to be honest I would LOVE to go. I know he will not go if I cannot go, but I dont want him to miss something he has been wanting to do and had plans to do since before we met. He speaks of it everyday, what do I do?
pleasehavecompassion pleasehavecompassion 41-45, F 10 Answers Jan 31, 2012

Buy 3 tickets then

Best Answer

Ignore that rude person's answer. If he didn't buy the tix already, you could surprise him by buying one for him and his best buddy. Tell him you'll be waitin' for him on the ground with phase two of his birthday present ;-) <br />
If he already bought them, this is a good test of how well you can communicate in the relationship. It may be embarrassing but if you guys have a good relationship you have to trust that he's gonna be understanding and not judge you or blame you. He loves you just the way you are, he's not gonna leave you because of a weight limit on a helicopter. You should insist that he does it anyway, since it's something he really wants to do and you don't want him to feel like you're holding him back. Don't take no for an answer!

Best Answer

This is an excellent answer, I wouldn't even have posted if this was there before I did lol.

Best Answer

Call that company and ask some questions. May it will work out. If they say an affirmative no, then talk to your boyfriend. He will understand.

Best Answer

Since I don't know how much you have to lose, it's hard to say. Since this is a dream of his, and he wants to share it with you, why not show him how important his dream is to you as well? Clearly your obesity isn't a secret, and he sounds like he's head over heels for you. So sit down with him and tell him that you want to be a part of his dream. In order to do that, you need to lose weight. Ask him to help you lose the weight. Maybe he can start exercising with you, and get on a similar diet plan. Determine what you want to lose (make sure it's a reasonable goal or you'll sabotage yourself), and tell him. It's SO much easier to lose weight when you have a goal, and when you have someone there cheering you on. If he's the guy you describe, I think he'll see your gesture as one of the greatest gifts he's ever received.

Best Answer

I agree with this, and all the comments mostly (except for the immature ones of course.) Just how badly do you want this? Either choice is fine; honesty is the key. But it's only the first of February and May? If you seriously let this motivate you? You could do it (assuming you're not morbidly obese, the politically correct term.) I have to have a motivator to achieve a goal myself. In fact, you've got me thinking that I'm not too old to try to get myself where I'd be comfortable in a bathing suit between now and then. Thanks... seriously. I have GOT to do this for my own peace of mind. Before it's more than fifteen or twenty pounds I have to lose. I'm short, too... that's more me me than most.
I'm so glad you've found a man who loves you just the way you are. Gee, where can I find one of those?

Best Answer

Feb, March, April, 3 months should be enough time to lose about 10+lbs if you can, but you have not said how much you would need to lose. I understand this is embarrassing for you to tell your bf, but he loves you. You must convince him to go, and try to work toward losing enough to go on the next ride with him. Actually, ask him to help you, to encourage you, maybe even lose weight with you to make it more fun. You don't have to get skinny, but maybe just enough to make the flight?

Best Answer

You have until May. How much would you need to lose?

Best Answer

about 30-35 lbs. The issue there is I have hypothyroidism and it is EXTREMELY hard to lose weight, I have been on meds, the gym, walking and such to no avail...

Best Answer

loose the weight.and then go on it.it that simple

Best Answer

Tell him the truth. It would be worse to turn up and have the pilot give you a funny look, and question you.

Best Answer