He also went in june 2010 then november 2010 to celebrate a friend bday now he was invited again with everything pay to go in march to clelebrate another friend bday. I dont feel comfortable with him traveling alone so much, we need a vacation ourselves but cant afford it we r going to ny in april to baptize the baby he can hang out with his friends then for a guys night out..am i overreacting? Is it okay for him to go to ny so often without me? Pls give me ur honest opinion.
angel1107 angel1107 31-35, F 9 Answers Jan 30, 2011

I personally like my own personal space it usually hasn't been a problem taking an occasional trip without my boyfriends. I find nothing wrong with it, but it depends on your relationship. Are you able to take trips without him? There does seem to be a pattern of him taking frequent trips to the same location, which could be a red flag...especially if you're never invited and he's evasive and distant while away. Not to scare you, but you may want to look deeper into it.

Best Answer

He COULD say his GF is important to him. Maybe you are not important. The two of you need to it down, and have some real face-time! <br />
Boys' night out is OK, but one does not have to go to NYC, for that! Having been together long enough to have a kid, I would expect a certain amount of "togetherness". I looked at your profile, and could not find your location---I hate trying to find things in these profiles! Seems like half the things are distorted, moved around at random, or altogether missing!---so I do not know how far NYC is. If you live in WA, big deal. If you live in NJ, not a big deal.

Best Answer

I think you might be in a relationship where you have different expectations. There is no "understanding" between the two of you how things should be. Maybe you need to discuss this? When I was dating my exhusband, we were freer to do what we wanted on our own. When we became serious, then we pertty much always travelled together unless it had to do with something that was inconvenient for one of us. At the very least, the other person was invited and welcome to come too. Once we were exclusive to each other, we became a "unit", in a sense. Especially after we became parents. <br />
I guess I should mention that the breaking of that unit- his cheating- is what brought us down. But he never expected me to find out about that.<br />
Since you guys aren't married, I can only guess what you have agreed upon regarding your relationship. Maybe you should talk about it.

Best Answer

I was marry for 10 years and one of the rreasons our marriage ended is becuz we were doing things separately like traveling and he cheated on me several times until i finally found out..

Best Answer

relax .. his friends are paying for it, and if you could afford it im sure you both would go.. let him enjoy himelf . one thing people in relationships must know that if a person wants to do anything they will find away..!!! relax..

Best Answer

I proposed for a friend to buy me my ticket and he said is only guys for the bday...thanks for ur reply

Best Answer

The problem is we are all different and how I feel about it is not what he would. We can all guess, but that is all it is. Talk to him, express how you feel.

Best Answer

you are over reacting he is only your boyfriend not your husband or fiance give him space.

Best Answer

We live together and have a daughter so the tittle here doesnt really matter but thanks for your post.

Best Answer

If it was me i would bring my best girl :)It's ok to do seperate things,but traveling i would want my my gf with me to experience everything we can together.btw, it does seem strange he wouldn't take you along

Best Answer