I only have about six hundred dollar in expenses monthly, but my income is only $200 I get from my father the remaining $400 I'm taking from my savings and I see my saving going down every month and is Rey scary. I told him this week again I want to work and he said I dont have to and that is better to stay at home and to stay away from people out there that can hurt me. What do u think and what will happen if he leaves me?
LucyPerez LucyPerez 36-40, F 15 Answers May 11, 2012

" HE WON'T LET YOU " ?!?!?! Does he OWN you?

Best Answer

What then does he suggest that you do? <br />
I would not take that very well. No one should tell you that you can't get a job. He should be thrilled that you want to make money and contribute. <br />
Do you see that? His thinking is not cool. I've been out working in the world for 30 years, and nothing ever happened that I couldn't handle. <br />
Save the remaining money you have, you might need it soon. Good Luck!

Best Answer

well if he leaves your blessed and he dont want you to go to work because you will most lickly meet people that are not posessive... that are not controling... that are not jelouis and that would love for you to be the person you deserve to be tell him he better quit work cause you dont want him to be hurt... run girl run very fast and very soon

Best Answer

ba<x>sed on what you've just mentioned, I'd advise you to lose him quickly. People that insistent on controlling others usually have deeper underlying issues vexing them. Move on dear. You deserve better than that!

Best Answer

With all due respect, why do you stay with him? Are you an idiot?

Best Answer

Maybe or at least I am a very scared woman and the worst is that I don't know how to get out of it. I feel trapped. Thanks for ur answer

Best Answer

No one will help you if you can't help yourself.

Best Answer

You sound young &amp; a little naive (I don't mean that to sound mean). When I was young, I would not have known what to do either. If you are close to your parents, maybe then can help you get away from your boyfriend. You may need a safe place for awhile. I don't know if your boyfriend will ch

Best Answer

ange. But its not healthy. Truly think about how you're being treated, and how you want to be treated. Good luck to you!

Best Answer

Your boyfriend what? Damn, no daughter of mine would let some jerk think he owns her.

Best Answer

Tell your boy friend ether you work or its over...<br />
if gives you a attitude end it...

Best Answer

Wow... he sounds controlling... it may be a good thing if he leaves you. You know what's going to happen if you don't take care of this financial situation.

Best Answer

It good if he leaves no man should tell you if u should work or not. You can't live of your savings, their there for a reason plus living of your family is never good. You should be independent and not be afraid of the man your with. He should make you you happy not fearful.

Best Answer

1. Do you really enjoy staying at home doing housework and cooking. While these are good things to stay on top of and contribute, you aren't really using your brain. That can't be fulfilling for you.<br />
2. Who on EARTH can live on $200 income from a parent and dipping $400 into their savings each month for the rest of your life? It will end some day and you have only yourself to blame for that when it does. If you are stressed out about it now, fix it before it is too late and you are really in a financial bind! Money is a big deal! <br />
3. Your boyfriend does not own you, nor does he have the right to boss you around and tell you what to do. His advice is also really destructive! It is abusive to say the least. You are not married and as far as I know, slavery is illegal in the United States. There are strict laws against this, so I might seriously think about high tailing it out of this situation and going home to your parents house and staying with them until you figure out what your next move will be. <br />
4. The worst thing in life in my opinion is wasting your potential. We were all given talents in order to live a fulfilling life. People are also a part of this. Without a purpose in life and people around us to share friendship and love, we are truly lost. Waking up one day and realizing that you have wasted your potential is the worst thing in the world that I can possibly imagine! This man who claims to love you is trying to take you away from a very necessary basic human need. The need for human interaction and having a purpose in life and vital to being a healthy individual! You are not Rapunzel locked away in a tall tower. This story sounds familiar to it though. The evil witch told Rapunzel that there were evil, dangerous people out in the world, so she was protecting her by locking her away in the tower. What the evil witch really wanted was to keep her to herself for her own selfish reasons. <br />
Sorry, but your guy sounds like a control freak with issues you are not going to be able to fix no matter what kind of therapy he goes to. Taking away your source of money, freedom, friendships and goals in life sounds like an abusive control freak who wants to use you like his puppet. I had a roommate that was a very strong woman and she met a man who was very charming at first. He even had me fooled. After one year, people usually begin to show their true colors and he slowly became the abusive control freak that he is. The last time I saw her was Thanksgiving and I could not be around it anymore. She left my house and they found an apartment together. She had physically aged about ten years, all her friends were sick of this horrible situation, so he won! He got her all to himself! She lost her business connections because he did not want her to work...sound familiar, she lost everything and he just stood there with this smirk on his face because he had won! He had total control and she was no longer herself anymor

Best Answer

Thank you so much for that last part...

Best Answer

Have you seen the movie, " The Burning Bed?"

Best Answer