Every experience and change in a relationship is an opportunity to learn more about the other person as well as the two of you as a couple. If he meets someone else and falls in love, guess what? ...He would have anyway. You'll have more information than you have now. If it turns out he is still in love with you 3 years from now... That's worth knowing, too!<br />
My wife and I dated from 70 miles apart for almost 5 years! This weekend was our 28th wedding Anniversary.

Best Answer

don't worry,be happy

Best Answer

it's over , kill your self , die

Best Answer

Truth is going to hurt and honestly if you are already having these doubts the relationship is likely already over.

Best Answer

If I were your guy and saw that question, I would dump you. Maybe not right away but the initial impression you make is of someone likely to interrupt tort class, library time, etc. texting "I luv u." <br />
Yes, relationships do sometimes end when one person goes away for studies. Strong relationships are built on teamwork. You talk about him coming to visit you, but not about making your own plans to visit him. Have you thought about how much law school costs? No one expects you to pay for his tuition, but it would be a loving gesture to help out in small ways such as planning a care package. Your question screams 'Me! Me! Me!' Maybe that's a passing thought, but it's a big red flag when a romantic partner interprets serious educational studies solely in terms of their own short term needs.<br />
If you and he have already talked about long term plans then cool. But personally I'd prefer a Hermione Grainger over a Bella Swan.

Best Answer

Yes, that can be a problem -- law school, doctoral program, medical school, army, air force, marines, navy, etc. So... why aren't you going with him? (Acceptable answers include you are in grad school yourself or in the army or are currently serving in Congress, etc.). He may have a financial problem with student loans to cover tuition, etc. and so he couldn't afford to have you with him... but you could certainly find a job and be self-supporting and near him (or, combine your finances and live together). I know that you probably have enough angst about the separation, but if he does not end up in the top third of students at one of the top 20 or so law schools in the nation (or, if his school is ranked below that, then one of the very top ranked students in a lesser school -- and the lower the school rank, then the higher his rank needs to be) he will have a very slim chance of having a highly paid legal position. There is already an oversupply of lawyers and law schools are graduating more each year than there are jobs for (plus more and more run of the mill legal work is being moved over to software or outsourced). Harvard or Yale -- he's all set. East St. Nowhere Law School -- he'd better have the top academic rank and be editor of their law journal.<br />
Do you have a degree with a STEM major? If you survive the three years still intact, one of you will need to be able to get a decent paying job. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but welcome to life in the 21st century.

Best Answer

If he is going to be away for that long. then I think the 2 of you should agree that you each need to be able 2 see other people when hes gone. There is no realistic way to think that for 3 years the both of you can be happy with out being able to date and have somebody in your life that is close in proximity. <br />
3 years is a long time to be away from somebody<br />
give each other the go ahead to meet and date other people <br />
that is the only real sensible thing to do.

Best Answer