So Mia was secluded to my room and delivered. I only saw her deliver the placentas (just cause she was on my bed when it happened.) I haven't been able to find any of her kittens anywhere! I moved everything in my room including all the furniture, took my bed apart and looked in all the drawers even though she didn't have access to them. Where could these kittens be?! She hasn't gone and looked for them and hasn't been feeding that that I've seen. She has been at my side since she has delivered. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I took her in for an ultrasound just to make sure the kittens weren't stuck or anything. They said that all the placentas were normal and healthy and so was mia. They couldn't find anything in her (She didn't eat them and didn't have any skeletons in her) I'm so confused and worried about these kittens. They are probably in kitten heaven by now :(
kjmahon kjmahon 31-35, F 6 Answers Sep 5, 2010

OK SHE WILL HAVE MOVED THEM TO A PLACE SHE THINKS IS SAFE, AND WILL RETURN TO FEED THEM AS NORMAL,,,<br />
MY CAT HAD KITTENS IN THE KITCHEN, AND THEN MOVED THEM TO THE BEDROOM UNDER MY SONS BED FOR SAFETY, ITS WHAT THEY DO.<br />
AFTER ALL THEY ARE MOTHERS""

Best Answer

This is wierd. Kittens are delivered IN the placentas, and the mother cat chews the placenta open, washes the kitten, then usually eats the placentas.<br />
I have one more suggestion. You say she went under the bed. Get down there with a flash light and look up under the bed slats. It's the only other thing I can thing of. <br />
If you ever solve this mystery, let me know. This is so strange.

Best Answer

I have completely moved everything in my room!! I took my bed apart and took the fabric off the boxsprings...nothing! I even looked in places that I knew that she couldn't get to. The vet said that all the placentas looked normal and Mia was healthy and there wasn't any evidence that she ate any of her kitties. The xray showed nothing. After I got home from the vet I let her roam about the house thinking she might have moved them and she didn't even go look. She lays by me constantly and when I get up to walk around she follows me and meows constantly. I even looked outside in the bushes and in the garage even though she doesn't go in there. Still nothing. I don't hear any mewing and I have been checking Mia's teats and I'm not even sure if she has milk (I'm a first timer so I'm not even sure what they are supposed to look like at this point). They are pink and you can feel them a little swollen right at the ba<x>se under the skin. (I didn't even have milk when I had my kids so I don't know what I'm looking for LOL) But I'm still hopeful and I'm still feeding her the high quality kitten food along with the KMR. I'm just really sad that I got to miss out on this experience. I was waiting for her spay appt and then she got pregnant. I don't want to contribute to unwanted kitties in the world (I would take them all if I could!) So she is getting spayed as soon as the vet will allow. So I won't be able to see this again :( <br /><br />
So sad!

Best Answer

that is weird...what did the vet say?

Best Answer

Oh my god thats so sad!!! Sorry :(

Best Answer

sometimes larger animals will eat they're young at birth. : (

Best Answer

omg...that is the most horrible story ever...maybe they were still in the placenta, didn't you open them up and look at them?

Best Answer