My indoor-only cat has serious dandruff problems. Brushing her only makes it worse, and while she cleans herself often enough, it does nothing for the flakes! I feed her a decent (I think) mix of Iams dry food + some leftover meats from my own cooking (beef, chicken, pork). She hates baths (duh), so not sure what to do to get rid of cat dandruff!
videodemon videodemon 26-30, M 13 Answers Jun 21, 2009

Nah my indoor cat has dandruff and eats tuna and vet grade tin and dry food for gastrointestinal issues and boiled chicken... He doesn't have fleas as his not in contact with other animals....He IS however a long haired persian. My cat groomer (who is also a vet nurse) said it is because his fur is thick and doesn't get a chance to air and get cleaned properly...He is wormed etc regularly. I just run a wet facewasher over him to pull off as much as i can... Other then that his pretty happy and well. :)

Best Answer

Try an omega suplement, but the bath works the best if you have a death wish...

Best Answer

Change your cat's diet and perhaps get moisturizing cat shampoo.

Best Answer

bath time!!! though i would get that checked at the vet as it could be a skin condition that might be irritated by standard pet shampoo. your vet probably has some special shampoo for that.

Best Answer

Take to the vet...cats don't get "dandruff"....unless there's an underlying problem...(allergies, thyroid, etc)...

Best Answer

Do you bath her? If you know she hates it I'd assume yes. If that's the case there's always a possiblity that your not getting all the shampoo out of fur. Which would cause itchyness, and possibly the dandruff. If I assumed wrong that you don't bath her, then I agree a trip to the vet is in order. Till you know what your dealing with you can't fix it.

Best Answer

She may have a thyroid condition that is causing her dry skin. My kitty had dandruff too, but we found changing her food really helped.

Best Answer

It could be from fleas.... the cat could be allergic to the flea bites. A trip to the vet would be a good idea!

Best Answer

Vet

kitty may have allergy

Best Answer

Ask a vet. The condition could be more than dandruff.

Best Answer