Your child needs counseling. If you have a visitation schedule, you may want to revisit the term and ger your son a guardian ad litem to represent HIS wishes before a judge. He sounds tortured

Best Answer

In my experience No, there is usually a reason for this, try gently exploring why and if you don't feel stopping the visits would be appropriate then maybe limit them to begin with and monitor things closely.

Best Answer

Sounds to me like he really wants his dad's attention & doesn't know how to get it. talk to his dad & let him know he is feeling left out. if he cant get along with the new family maybe dad can just pick him up & spend some quality time doing something he wants to do. maybe they could find a hobby for just the two of them to do together, something they can look forward to & talk about together.

Best Answer

Maybe your ex does really want him but his new partner isn't keen. You should contact the ex to try to resolve it and if it doesn't get resolved go to court and ask your son to tell the person he sees what he has told you.

Best Answer

Is there a reason for it? You have to try and find out why exactly they don't like spending time with Dad. It is a shame for a child to grow up without a father. If he is not abusive, is kind to them, tries his best for his kids, there's no reason you can't try and work it out.<br />
Most people, when faced with a problem- their instincts say "Sever me from this! Cut me away from it, and my problems are over!". But you have to get to the root of your problems if you want to live a more peaceful life- initially it will always involve work, but it's going to be worth it in the end. Any good thing involves work.<br />
If your ex is not abusive in any way, then sit your child down and ask them why they don't like going to his place. If he is being irresponsible, talk to him about stepping it up, because otherwise he could lose his kid. But if the child is just bored, that's something they need to just deal with, and maybe you can talk to your ex about doing more "fun" things, you know?<br />
I don't know your history, nor the problem in depth. But I do know that while children can be painfully honest, they can also be stubborn and uncooperative until you learn how to work with them :P.

Best Answer

Yes,,if you ever want to get revenge on the bastard....break up his weekend sex fest with 20 year olds....plus it's good for the child to spend time with him anyway...lol

Best Answer

How old is he?

Best Answer

He's 11 yrs old, soon to turn 12.

Best Answer

Then like Cosreal says have a word with his dad about it, but at that age I think he's old enough to make up his own mind and forcing him to go isn't fair on him. It might be difficult if your ex has court ordered contact time though, although if it is upsetting your son they should be sympathetic. Good luck :-)

Best Answer

::: shrug :::<br />
depends on the reason. have you asked why?

Best Answer

He feels his dad doesn't love him and neglects him when he's over there. He spends most of his time in a room or texting me with complaints. He's elevin and has been crying a lot about visiting his dad. He says he doesn't feel included in the ex's new family. They take trips when he's with me, show him the picturs, and do nothing when he there for the weekend.

Best Answer

then you need to confront his dad about it. &amp; try to have a serious talk about solving it. and if his dad doesn't want to cooperate then let him stay home.

Best Answer

I agree with you, I went through that off and on growing up and now I resent my dad for putting me through all that. I am slowly learning to forgive. I agree talk to your ex even if it is with a mediator. The new parent might be a huge cause of the problem or not, but it is not fair to your son to put him through all the added stress and have even more resentment towards his dad.If all else fails, try the courts and if you are low-income there are resources, especially if your son is suffering a lot. I hope everything turns around for you and your son.

Best Answer