i keep getting that fukin pressure that i should get a tan... i can be as light as creamy vanilla.. i rarely got blemishes that noticable.. and as dark as french vanilla.. but i look pale.. n somehow people.. even my own folks hate that.. i look latina wtf? u can hear it in my voice.. well u catn hear me lol litterally but i got soul.. wth is skin so important??
MeAgainstDaWorld MeAgainstDaWorld 18-21, F 13 Answers Aug 30, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Has EP completely flipped out tonight or what? <br />
Did your dad actually say to you that he hates your skin color? I doubt that. He might have said that you need to go outside and get some vitamin D or something to keep you from sitting around the house. What father would tell his daughter that he hates their skin color? That doesn't make sense.

Best Answer

hes been drilling it thru my head thoughout my whole childhood

Best Answer

i love the sun but it works a lil bit.. i eat alot of citrus fruits.. i live in grey cloudy chicago.. gloomy everyday

Best Answer

I'm very familiar with Chicago. I grew up there and so did my lovely, gorgeous, light skinned, black wife. Don't worry about your dad. Some people just have perception problems when it comes to the color of love. You are fine just the way you are.

Best Answer

I agree with King, you are perfect just as you are! Love the skin you are in!

Best Answer

MADW, I ignore people who make comments about my skin tone. I have had people make comments about my height (5'11") as well as comments from my mother about my large breast size. There is nothing I can do about any of these things and even if I could, I wouldn't. I am made the way God wanted me made and if that is not good enough for some people, well then that's too bad for them. I own no shame just because someone else is shameful.

Best Answer

hmm... sounds to me your pops got some issues... chill out i'm sure you look fine!!!

Best Answer

also have you seen Twilight... that dude is super fair and look at him he's got like a million girls chasing him... lol cant believe i jus made a twilight reference hahah

Best Answer

f7ck twilight.. n the guys ugly wat r u talking about.. he so pale.. im not attracted to that.. nor am i THAT pale.. damn im like a light butter pecan

Best Answer

well now that you sound like your a little happier about your complexion... i'm glad my twilight reference could help... PS Robert Pattinson is hot

Best Answer

So they're basically trying to pressure you into making yourself more prone to getting Cancer? Sometimes parents are stupid and sadly there's not much you can do to about it. The only thing you can do is realize that your skin color is not something you have a lot of control over. You are still a human and learning to accept yourself is the first step in not needing approval from others. It's hard when a parent is not accepting; you just have to remember they are human and they have flaws too.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

right pops not worth the cancer

Best Answer

SKIN color DONT matter hun, its your HEART n PERSONALITY that count ...I dont like to say this, but your folks r JERKS fur SAYING that t you €:-]

Best Answer

Consider him shallow and surround yourself with non-moronic people. Xo

Best Answer

true but that will be hard to do considering these surroundings

Best Answer

You are off to a good start by coming on here with these good people. Chin up xo

Best Answer

That's ignorant. Don't listen to your dad about your skin color, simply call him out on it. There is nothing wrong with being lighter skinned or darker skinned than anyone in your family, it just sounds racist. Sit down with him if you haven't already and tell him that your skin color won't change so he's just going to have to accept it.<br />
Do not tan, do not fake bake, do not try any cosmetic surgery to get yourself the way your dad wants you to look. This is how Michael Jackson got the way he did. His father hated how dark skinned he was and he went crazy. <br />
Don't ever think that you need to change yourself for someone else. He just needs to accept the fact that you are lighter skinned and you know what, that's totally okay.

Best Answer

good advice there man..

Best Answer

Sorry you home life suks so bad.......you will be out on your own soon enough.

Best Answer

luckily i dont live with my pops lol

Best Answer

It's not.

Best Answer

not to worry,,, I bet so did Obamaman's ,,,could be y he ran away,,, no wait,, that's more likely just cause he WAS black,,, lol..

Best Answer

Are you insane ?

Best Answer

hardly,,,, what makes you even suggest that,, pray tell ??

Best Answer

Like Popeye said....It is what it is. <br />
Did you tell your dad that he should have donated better quality *****......LOL

Best Answer