This has been very painful, I've been battling it for about 2 years. Yes in the past I never cleaned up after myself, but now I am different. We are on vacation and I have been washing each dish that used. I accidentally blew up at my grandma when she told that I need to train myself to wash after myself, it is just a very sore subject for me. Anyways my dad accused me of having everyone clean up after me even though I cleaned each and every dish. When I tried to defend myself he pretty much told me that I could defend myself if I was right, but in this situation I cannot because I am totally wrong. That really hurt me. I used to be happy knowing that I cleaned up and hoped one day that he would see that I do help. My mom told me that since my room is dirty my dad doesn't see that I clean up. Idk what to do, see I thought cleaning up after myself would make an improvement in my life and get my dad off my back. This hasn't happened. What should I do announce every time I clean a dish? My dad is extremely stubborn and thinks he's always right.
Russianclomooogirl Russianclomooogirl 22-25, F 6 Answers Aug 21, 2012 in Family Struggles

I understand.My dad is gone most of the day and when he gets home I happen to be done cleaning.So he thinks I havent done anything all day long and he will call me lazy or something.I just laugh it off.

Best Answer

Get out the old camcorder and record yourself while doing the chores. When your dad complains, show him the recordings.

Best Answer

Does your dad have OCD??? Some people you can never please. So how about you keep doing what you are doing and learn to ignore his crappy comments. Otherwise you could tell him exactly how you feel, just as you have told us!

Best Answer

you know the truth just ignore it

Best Answer