my dads a overachiever but i'm a minimalist. i love him, but i hate him at the same time. all i want to do is enjoy my life, but he wants me to be a millionaire practically. i don't want to hate him forever and never talk about him agin, but i cant stand the way he pressures me. i need help figuring out what to do. P.S. he's really stubborn and stuck up.
robobuhtholez11111 robobuhtholez11111 13-15 7 Answers Dec 19, 2012 in Family Struggles

I'm not saying your dad is right in the way he is going about things,but I think he wants you to achieve in life cause these days kids are not like they where in yrs past.alot drop out,get into drugs,get pregnet and don't think of there future so i think he is tring to keep you on the right track and i know it is hard cause parents don't relize the pressure they are putting on there kids,and it can sometimes turn bad for the kids.you should try and talk to your dad and explain to him that you understand what is is doing for you but he needs to trust that he has taught you well and you need to show him that you want a good future for yourself and it would make things easier for you if he backed of a little.

Best Answer

Enjoy your smugness when you're flipping burgers and kicking yourself for not staying driven in high school!

Best Answer

Wish i could give you a magic remedy but i had a similar experiance with my dad and it ended any chance of a close dad son relationship. Some people have buckets of drive and determination but don't have a drop pf wisdom sadly. Best advice i can give you is to keep an eye on that coming time when you will be able to leave home and get a life on your own free from him. <br />
Hye maybe when he grows old some truth may dawn on him and maybe then you will be able to have a normal dad son relationship. Untill then good luck and be strong.

Best Answer

Go with the flow...there are two things<br />
1.You are in your teenage..........hence a lot of things will have higher impact than they actually are ( thanks to our teenage hormones)<br />
2. Now that u have mentioned that he is stubborn...then the change would come from you..coz he would not bend...right

Best Answer

Just try to do as he says, but at the end of the day you can only do the best you can. Acceptance is something he may need to get acquainted with.

Best Answer

Stop doing thing wrong, then!<br />
But more seriously, it sounds like he is taking stresses from his life out on you!

Best Answer