So she knows how to write and read Japanese because she learned the three writing systems but now she wants to learn to actually speak Japanese and have a conversation with someone. Not just saying good day or good evening, as in she wants to talk about anything in Japanese? Any courses children could take? She's 13.
Culturaa Culturaa 13-15, F 5 Answers Apr 15 in Community

I understand what you mean: Interactive learning is nothing like learning from a textbook or Rosetta Stone. I hired a French conversation tutor to talk with once a week over the phone by placing an ad on Craigslist. In my town, a family that owns a Japanese restaurant also give group lessons if there are enough students. Some big cities have cultural groups like Japan Society, but if you live in a small town maybe you can post an ad explaining that you want to start a conversation circle for young teens, or hire a native speaker for lessons. If you don't want to post on Craigslist, perhaps you could try church bulletins, local newspapers, or a community college newspaper.

Best Answer

Try Rosetta Stone. Used it to learn basic Mandarin, it's quite good. Also check out the local community college, a lot will allow HS students to take classes and many High Schools will give you course credit towards your diploma. <br />
Hint on Rosetta Stone. It comes with a money back guarantee in case she doesn't like it or gets bored with it quickly

Best Answer

Does Rosetta Stone offer to teach how to write in Japanese too because I may use it or just teaches you how to speak it?

Best Answer

For the most part listening and speaking only.

Best Answer

hahahahahahahahaha

Best Answer