That's a common statement to middle-aged and older people. It's been said to me, too. Be sure you always use your sunglasses it will help slow down the progress of the cataracts. When it becomes an issue, most cataract removals go smoothly and people are simply happy to be able to see better again. It's generally not a big deal. My mom has had hers removed. Her boyfriend has had his removed. Many other people I know have had theirs removed.

Best Answer

Well I guess your mother was correct, doing that will make you blind ; ) Sorry couldn't resist.

Best Answer

no comment

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

ask him what you can do to prevent more damage

Best Answer

sunglasses

Best Answer

In other words he can't be arsed to do anything about it. Sounds like a doctor.

Best Answer

main lesson here:
WEAR SUNGLASSES EVERY DAY ALL YEAR ROUND.....PERIOD!!

AND GET THE KIND (sorry; caps lock was on; don't mean to shout! lol)......that have the little 'windows' at the sides to keep light from entering the side area of the eyes.

I got mine from Birdz eyewear; go to their site.....I got 2 pairs so I have a backup.......please look into this brand of sunglasses; they are wraparound and are the best.
and most important, they are POLARIZED..if sunglasses are not Polarized, you are NOT getting protection from the glare of the sun!!

so please go to BIRDZ.COM and see for yourself..

and ALSO take some GOOD eye/vision supplements. I recommend Andrew Lessman vitamins; go to 'PROCAPS.COM......AND SEE what they have to offer.

didn't mean to lecture, but I had one cataract removed from left eye, and the right eye is 'not ready' as my eye dr. said..........

Best Answer