I worked for a man who had two dogs (mother and daughter) who were 24 and 23 years old. They were both blind, deaf, and arthritic, but he loved them and wouldn't let them go. He was in his late 80s and they had been his wife's dogs.

Best Answer

Awww that is sweet...yes dogs get much of the same ailments we do..sad...

Best Answer

That's what I said. He was ready to fire me. He was also blind and arthritic, and wore two hearing aids, and he said, *You'd kill me to if you get the chance* He was a bit strange. I stopped talking about the subject. This happened back in 1983. I imagine, by now they are all dead.

Best Answer

No. Thank your for taking care of her though. Love does wonders for dogs

Best Answer

She knows it too :)

Best Answer

Not the oldest but up there with the seniors.<br />
Mine lasted till about 17 but her heart was still strong. Died of another thing that was not related to her heart.

Best Answer

Ty and I am so sorry about your dog...*hugs* I know gotta keep an eye on them for sure.....

Best Answer

Thank you for the hug. I had her for 15 years. WyattMI said if they are an indoor dog they live longer. Mine was indoor every night and love as well helps, that is why mine had a strong heart.

Best Answer

Awww..well she has been an indoor dog since I got her in 1996...your welcome for the hug...:)

Best Answer

I lost one of the best dogs that I have ever known just before her 16th birthday. I kept telling my husband that she would settle down once she was out of the "terrible twos", but she was always silly and playful until about a month before she died. I still miss her and she has been gone for almost four years. Keep doing what you see works for your dog...and I hope you have lots more years together! Caithness

Best Answer