laurie1966 laurie1966 41-45 10 Answers Aug 6, 2009

There will be people that tell you that you must rush your dog to the vet right away. <br />
I'm a member of PETA and I still say you should at least wait until you know if it's going to get better on its own. If you sprained your ankle, would you spend hundreds of dollars just to go to the hospital, so that they can say, "Yep! You sprained it!"?<br />
Just watch your dog, and make sure that he/she doesn't get worse.<br />
DO NOT PITY HIM!<br />
Not only am I absolutely sure about this, but I am also sure that it is important.<br />
If you give your dog more attention because of the limp, he will not only adopt this energy, and feel sorry for himself, he will also possible learn that limping around gets attention, and teach him to do it more.<br />
I'm not saying that you shouldn't feel bad for him. Anyone with a soul will want him to feel better. I'm telling you that hiding this concern from him will cause him to be stronger, and will encourage him to get better faster. <br />
The bottom line is, he will adopt whatever energy you transmit towards him.

Best Answer

feel around on the paw if she yelps she needs to go right away... she.s in pain.. would u like to wait 2 or 3 days in pain?

Best Answer

well my dog started limping and then a few hours later had many other symptoms he was bit by a poisonious snake if you see any other symptoms you should take to the vet right away also if you have to take your dog a night there is always a emergency vet clinic open all night.

Best Answer

OK, so maybe my story is unique. I came home from work one night, my dog was limping. She never acted like that before. I checked her out, didn't find anything wrong. But she kept limping that night and the next morning. I made an appt with the vet and took her in on Saturday morning. She strolled in, all 4 legs working perfectly fine. The vet found nothing wrong with her, said maybe she sprained it but it seemed ok now. I felt like a hysterical mother and wanted to crawl under the table. : )

Best Answer

I agree with jujubee. Check her feet, dogs are always walking around barefoot (!) and step on pointy or sharp things. That kind of thing you can usually take care of on your own

Best Answer

Go to the VET tomorrow first thing!!! :)<br />
hope your doggie feels better soon!!!

Best Answer

If she is young you should take her soon. If she is old try keepng her off her feet for a couple of days. My 15 yr old toy poodle needed a hot bath daily for a couple years to help with her joint problems before her heart finally gave out. You know your pet better than anyone here. If you feel deep down that you need a vet.....by all means ask.

Best Answer

It depends is it an old dog, if it is old take it to the vet dogs also get hip problems with age German Shepard are known for it. if the dog is young wait a day or to just check that it don't get worse. Good luck.

Best Answer