He keeps staring even when he has eaten his food which is a lot of food, really. He is like always hungry. Even if I say "NO" or even keep him away from kitchen, he just doesn't care and keeps coming back or whines and growls non stop! I am just fed up of his habit!! HELP!! How to make him stop staring at my food????!!
citygirl9841 citygirl9841 18-21, F 15 Answers Jul 23, 2012

He wants ur food. I'd suggest feeding him while you eat (but definitely not from the table) or maybe give him a toy that looks like food? Hope this helps.

Best Answer

when I feed him while I eat, he finishes his food in like 20 seconds and comes in the kitchen and stares.... I have never fed him from the table, but I don't know what's wrong with him ..

Best Answer

He's acting like a typical teenager then. ( even though he's a dog), lol. Maybe look it up on the net, or a vet?? Hope this helps ... Again

Best Answer

remove him...to do otherwise is encouraging his bad manners,<br />
Dogs are opportunisitc eaters..they really don't know when to stop.

Best Answer

thanks for the suggestion :)

Best Answer

No problem. Any time. I used to have a dog, so I know what it's like. Oh yer we also ignored him sometimes

Best Answer

You might have to train yourself to not care when he does that. Then he'll know that you wont fall for his pleading eyes and he'll give up.

Best Answer

have tried that too..... he is so stubborn, he just keeps staring... n staring.

Best Answer

then resort to tough love. Lock him out or something when you sit down to eat.

Best Answer

fart in his face, mine always stays always when i do that

Best Answer

haha.. really?

Best Answer

Get a squirt bottle..... fill it with water and squirt his face every time he annoys you

Best Answer

then he's not starring at you when you eat,he's love to see u eating...

Best Answer

he gets everywhere...... if he can't he'll whine and bark like mad...

Best Answer

he comes everywhere..... if he can't he keeps barking and whining like mad..

Best Answer

I trained my dog from the very start not to approach me when I'm eating. If there's any scraps left I will offer them to him and then he will approach me. But usually he doesn't bother me. If they're aren't any scraps left he accepts it and I don't leave any for him on purpose. Sometimes he gets some.........sometimes he doesn't.

Best Answer

You have a lot to learn about dogs, and you better get learning while he is still a puppy you can learn to train & control. Learn what the alpha is, and what you must do to establish that position in your house. Right now, he is training you, and that needs to be reversed very quickly if you intend to keep him. Look for info on dog training on Netflix, YouTube and websites. Choose humane training methods.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try doing that :)

Best Answer

Call Caeser Milan, he will sort you out in no time.

Best Answer

I was just about to suggest the same the guy is great &amp; really understands dogs psychology

Best Answer

too stubborn? a dog? if you can't discipline a dog you shouldn't have one.

Best Answer

Yeah, may be.... It's only been 5 months when my dad brought him home, he was 2 months back then.... I hated him so much at first but then I got attached with him.... and now he is entirely my responsibility. He obeys me but he is just stubborn when the matter is about food! I just can't teach him food habits.

Best Answer