She is a tornado. She makes a huge smelly mess of what ever room she is in when she is in the cage and I hate to put her in the cage because she was rescued from a place where they always had her in a cage. With the mussel she still managed to make a huge mess and eat all the marshmallows... I just don't know what to do with her.
Looda18 Looda18 18-21, F 21 Answers Jun 11, 2012

She needs activities to work out her energy, like a long walk during the day. The cage is is the best answer to keep her from destroying things and also prevent her from hurting herself while you're gone, it should never be a punishment, the cage is like her room. If you muzzled me I'd eat your marshmellows too.

Best Answer

http://positively.com/ TRAINING!!! EXERCISE!!! I cannot stress how just how much these two factors will change your dog. Go to Petsmart and sign up for training, watch It's Me or The Dog. She is amazing with dogs. Also, muzzles can cause panic. It was helpful to establish a routine with my hyper Beagle. I **** you not she had a nap schedule and everything, We used a wire crate with an old blanket covering it. Schedule it rigidly, Dogs like predictablity. Also buy LOTS AND LOTS of chew toys. Also, as hard as it is try not to yell, or spank your dog. Anxiety in a dog is so hard to overcome. If you can avoid leaving it for too long would be good too. Come home during lunch for a short walk. I feel for you and your dog. But your dog just wants to please you, that is the nature of dogs. What breed? If you have a "working breed" like a cattle dog they are lost without a job. In that case job oriented training might be required. I have worked in animal rescue, a groomers and a boarding kennel. You tube also has some good training videos.

Best Answer

YIKES!!! TWO dogs, c4711? I'd take her to the vet and just get her tranquilizers. You wouldn't necessarily have to keep her on them always. Once she gets over what appears to be separation anxiety, she'll realize that you're not abandoning her, and you can slowly cut back on the drugs.

Best Answer

O.o I am not sure that sounds very safe....

Best Answer

It is! We had to tranquilize our horses to get them into their trailers all the time. You don't want to turn your dog into a zombie... just to relax her a little so that she won't be so afraid when you leave. Any decent vet could help you do that!

Best Answer

Mmmmmm mussels, were you making paella?

Best Answer

haha yes I get it. I am a dumb azz.

Best Answer

Yum... that or aroz con mariscos... paella takes forever to cook, quite worth it.

Best Answer

I hear the squid ink version is quite tasty.

Best Answer

call Ceasar Millan :)

Best Answer

Get her a companion she sounds like a dog that hates being alone and gets bored easily.

Best Answer

I have a chihuahua and they are best friends, but she just ignores him and goes ballistic once we leave.

Best Answer

My daughter has a dog who is large and will destroy the house if left alone, so she got a VERY large crate, for the dog. He knows when she is leaving, that he must go into it. he is quite calm about the need to do so. he walks in calmly enough. She gives him his favourite blanket, and a few chew toys, and he is fine until she gets home. He never does his business inside his crate, whereas he was peeing in every room when he didn't have the crate. I think they are both happier.

Best Answer

I know, but we have a fair sized cage and she really freaks out and cries like she is being murdered when we leave. She takes anything around the cage and drags it in and shreds it. She poops and pees every time she is in it and she lays in it the whole time we are gone its awful...

Best Answer

I'm sorry. I have no other suggestions. Maybe you need to talk to a vet, someone who knows a lot more about dogs than I do.

Best Answer

That is a very bad sign. Please I plead with you to talk to a vet. And a trainer. The longer you wait the worse this situation will become. I also agree that unless you are seriously committed to walking this dog at least twice a day PLEASE find her a home with a yard

Best Answer

Good advice.

Best Answer

We are willing to do anything. We love her so much and want her to be happy.

Best Answer

Sounds like only Crate Training is the answer.

Best Answer

Crate.

Best Answer

A large crate

Best Answer

definately separation anxety.....crate training works for this, however there are medications that can help. Anti anxieties to help her, not our meds (athough some are the same), but give NOTHING without consulting a vet. Crate traing i supposed to provide a secure placefor him/her, you need to make it comfy, place a shirt or something else of yours with your scent on it in there, as well as toys etc. walk after feeding, do not leave food out all day feed at specific times & let him out to potty after. Crate needs to be comfortable and available to him at all times, try putting him in off & on perhaps put some treats inthere and let him go in himself do not lock him in...let him come & go. He should come to feel it's a safe place. Hide treats in toys they sell these items at most pet stores. place those in crate so he has something to do. if all else fails a vet might reccomend an anti depressant...etc. Best of luck.

Best Answer

Putting her in a crate for one hour a day while no one is home will not hurt her- it will save her from hurting herself by chewing on something that could make her sick or cut her, AND it will save you from cleaning up a mess every day and feeling frazzled.

Best Answer

Xanax would make her a much mellower canine... however, since drugging pets is frowned on by most. I am going to say a crate.... make sure it is large enough. :)

Best Answer

Marsh-mellower?
Sorry, couldn't resist ;o)

Best Answer

indeed :-)~

Best Answer

heehee silly

Best Answer

muzzle...........get a friend or hire someone to walk her

Best Answer

Oh... thats how you spell it. Sorry it never was my forte. I really don't know anyone who can watch her.

Best Answer