I got my ears pierced when I was a baby. My mother decided I should have my ears pierced and actually pierced them herself, but they've always been such a hassle my whole life. I have to be very selective about the earrings I wear because it's not a matter of whether I like them or not, it's whether if my ears will. And they get infected with nearly every earring. Even if they accept an earring, if I ever take it off and then put it back on, they decide they don't like it anymore and get an infection. I tried wiping my ears with alcohol and even leaving the earrings soaking in alcohol for a day to kill off some bacteria before putting them on, but it's just no use. Since my mother pierced them herself in spite of not being a professional, is it possible she didn't pierce them right and screwed up or I was just too young to get my ears pierced? Or could my ears possibly just be way too delicate? :/ Anything I could do about the constant infections?
deadmoon deadmoon 18-21, F 17 Answers Dec 27, 2011

Surgical stainless might be the only way to go. You could be having reactions to the metals in the earrings.

Best Answer

That can cause reactions as well

Best Answer

I think they were not pierced right. Let them close up and then get them redone by a professional.

Best Answer

You need a lucky pair of earnings. Go yellow diamond. My prayers are with you.

Best Answer

You may have an allergy to the metal in your earrings rather than an infection. Try using ear protectors. These are plastic sleeves that go over the posts on your earrings so the metal does not come in contact with your skin. They come with plastic backs that replace the metal backs on your earrings. They are available at most all places that sell earrings, but you may have to ask for them as they are not always on display.

Best Answer

Hi! For an answer to your problems.. You are allergic to different tipes of metals. The only thing you can do is use plastic earrings :D

Best Answer

I have the same thing and find it funny that everyone is saying to let them close???I have had mine over 5 yeats and the wholes don't close now lol but yeah just try a piercing solution do not go to claire's though go buy it from a tattoo/ piercing shop claire's is cheap

Best Answer

use only real gold earrings and buy the piercing solution they sell at claires/icing stores...it works

Best Answer

i'm sorry but yes, that's a sure sign you need to let them close up. once they are healed you can try again. sorry but this waz the advice i got from the chemist when my daughter got her ears pierced. they were quite adamant about that as well, saying that letting the infection continue and *not* allowing the holes to close would make it harder in future to get a new piercing.

Best Answer

I'd see a professional of some sort. If you've got an infection, taking the jewelry out is usually not recommended. Perhaps you're having an allergy of some sort to the metal? I've heard some people with allergic reactions can wear titanium with no trouble. <br />
If the infection is bad, seeing a doctor and getting antibiotics of some sort might be necessary. <br />
For the love of god( or whoeever...or no one...just...don't) , don't clean a piercing with alcohol. Salinesalinesaline! Sea salt in water as warm as you can stand it. Don't make it too strong. Should taste like tears. <br />
Thats really all the advice I have to give. Good luck. :)

Best Answer

i had a similar problem when i was a teen,i couldnt wear anything,,other than gold,,or i would break out in rashes,,,now i can wear anything,,guess my body chemistry changed,,tg i hate wearing gold

Best Answer

have you tryed cleaning you're ears,,and earrings with a antiseptic? its different than alcohol,,claires at the mall sells it

Best Answer

Nickle alloy in the metal are causing an allergic reaction

Best Answer

see a professional piercer and they will give you advice :) <br />
i have 10 piercings all done properly and i've never got infected but home ones can get infected.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer